Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5206 (Criss-Cross Top)

Reviewed by:Modiste Madness

About Modiste Madnessstar
Posted on:7/2/05 6:16 PM
Last Updated:7/2/05 6:31 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

Mufffet said... (10/6/05 2:32 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and want to make it in a black rather stretchy medium weight fabric that I think my mother wanted to make a suit out of. It was in her fabric stash, and when she passed away I saved it out for a top and slacks. I say that because it explains why I have no idea what it actually it. I am guessing rayon cotton, but could be wrong. Nice work you did on this, and very good fit! I like the print. :)
Teri said... (7/3/05 5:23 PM) Reply
Very cute top! The print is great and your top looks better than the pattern envelope.
AnneM said... (7/3/05 4:21 PM) Reply
Fantastic review. I like your "template" questions that you followed. Your top looks great. It is hard to see the seam in the picture, but I think it looks fine as-is.
pia2099 said... (7/3/05 12:40 PM) Reply
impressive workmanship. not only is it a beautiful print. but nothing gaps. nothing too long or short. this is perfect. thank you Annie
Danvillegirl said... (7/3/05 9:31 AM) Reply
Very informative review. Love the outcome of your top. The blues are good colors for you. I think the top looks good. You did a very thorough job on analyzing and trying to get this pattern to fit. Outcome seems positive.
Kathryn said... (7/3/05 7:17 AM) Reply
You look wonderful in this top, Kathy. Love the print!
sherri2sew said... (7/3/05 1:30 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I'd never have considered this pattern if I hadn't seen how good it looks on you. Pretty top!
purpleseamstress said... (7/2/05 11:29 PM) Reply
I really enjoyed your review. I learned alot and did not know of this line of patterns. I think the top is lovely and looks great on you.
inkyannie said... (7/2/05 10:29 PM) Reply
Very pretty top!
Lisa Laree said... (7/2/05 9:44 PM) Reply
great looking top!
Rebecca D said... (7/2/05 9:21 PM) Reply
Kathy, the top looks wonderful on you. The color is great and your adjustments made the fit just perfect. Thanks for such a helpful review.
Lori V said... (7/2/05 7:32 PM) Reply
Kathy, I really like your top and I have a similar problem with sleeves on Loes Hinse patterns.
bunz said... (7/2/05 6:58 PM) Reply
Great fit! And wonderful colors on you. Kudos that you stuck w the fitting prblms & worked them out to your satisfaction.
PattiK said... (7/2/05 6:43 PM) Reply
Love your review, your top and the fabric. Great job!
CarolynGM said... (7/2/05 6:32 PM) Reply
Kathy-- your fitting tweaks worked very well, and I think the bust seam placement looks fine. The top is very flattering to you, and I love the fabric.
jlg said... (7/2/05 6:29 PM) Reply
Kathy, I really like your top. You did a wonderful job, and I like your "wild print."

Christine Jonson Wrap Top