Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 1025 (BaseWearTwo)

Reviewed by:CarolynGM

Last Updated:7/3/05 6:55 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
Alissa said... (7/6/05 5:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I've been reading reviews of the skirts from this pattern and it looks like a keeper all around. Thanks for the helpful info on the "flare".
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (7/3/05 7:27 PM) Reply
Elegant result! I agree with your 'underarm' flare assessment -with a looser fitting garment, this can be too much. When seeking a tighter fit, the underarm 'flare' serves the design well.
AnneM said... (7/3/05 4:23 PM) Reply
Great top, very nice in your fabric. This is one of those patterns I keep eyeing.
Danvillegirl said... (7/3/05 9:33 AM) Reply
The fabric looks lovely sorry to read that it was fiddly to work with. Very becoming on you.
MaryBeth said... (7/3/05 8:43 AM) Reply
Thanks for showing the muslin pic. I love this pattern and had made a few up in slinky that looked perfect. I was really surprised to find that the pattern didn't fit right when I made it up into an interlock polo shirt: The sleeve head and sleeve, too full and the front rode up quite a bit but that may be partly because I stitched a knit collar to the back seam, not removing the full sa. I tried the slinky tops back on and started noticing these details. I'll definitely cut the sleeves and armscye smaller if I do it again. The jury is still out on a FBA b/c of the collar application.
inkyannie said... (7/2/05 10:27 PM) Reply
Ok, you guys have got to quit doing this to me. Another pattern that I have got to have. A very nice job, Irina and such a pretty color.
seKimberlyso said... (7/2/05 8:48 PM) Reply
Love that color on you! Pretty.
jlg said... (7/2/05 8:33 PM) Reply
Lovely top. It looks very nice on you.
drsue said... (7/2/05 8:22 PM) Reply
this looks really excellent on you. the color is great too. I have the same problem with the underarm flair on many patterns.
Peggy L said... (7/2/05 7:59 PM) Reply
Very nice. I have made this several times - make mine a little looser than the pattern calls for, too.
dvazz said... (7/2/05 7:57 PM) Reply
Looks great! I may have to add this one to my (already very long) wish list!
Lori V said... (7/2/05 7:38 PM) Reply