Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Threads Magazine> #120 9/2005 (Chic Flowing Skirt - Sort of)

Reviewed by:CSchiffgens

About CSchiffgens
TX USA
Member since: 4/19/04
Posted on:7/4/05 3:08 PM
Last Updated:7/4/05 3:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

Debbie Spriggs said... (7/5/05 8:29 PM) Reply
That was quick,I just got this issue in today's mail! Beautiful skirt. I love the colors.
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (7/5/05 7:44 PM) Reply
Yours looks better than the mag! Very nice.
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (7/5/05 6:17 PM) Reply
What a fun look! Your skirt is fabulous looking and you have accessorized it very well.
drsue said... (7/5/05 9:49 AM) Reply
I can't believe how fast you were on this! I really want to give this "pattern" a try myself. The latest issue of threads is a big improvement over recent issues.
licarritc said... (7/5/05 9:04 AM) Reply
I've met Jennifer and she is as nice as she is talented. She has designed a pieced back skirt with godets that I love. She sells some of her other designs if anybody is interested- You can reach her through Manchester Sewing Center on the web.
AnneM said... (7/5/05 7:29 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your skirt. I might have to reconsider my subscription status.
Kathryn said... (7/5/05 7:02 AM) Reply
I am printing out your review, Cindy, and placing it in my Threads magazine, so it is right there when/if I decide to copy that skirt. I love the colors in your skirt. I'm wondering if you needed less fabric because you did not cut and sew individual strips together; all of those small seam allowances must take up lots of fabric. Thank you for giving us a "real world" view of that great Threads skirt. You did a wonderful job!
Twinkster said... (7/5/05 0:23 AM) Reply
Nicely done and it looks great on you!
bunz said... (7/4/05 6:11 PM) Reply
Yours looks much better than the Threads version. Their yoke is all lumpy. Great save!
Tiner W said... (7/4/05 5:50 PM) Reply
Neat! I plan to make this with my niece before the summer ends. Yours is so cute!
Susan R said... (7/4/05 5:26 PM) Reply
Your skirt is terrific! I just received my magazine a couple of days ago and was intrigued by the article. It's great to see what you did with the concept.
CSchiffgens said... (7/4/05 4:40 PM) Reply
Yes, Granolamom, I pleated one big piece of fabric, or actually it was 3 44 inch strips.
granolamom said... (7/4/05 4:32 PM) Reply
I love your skirt! I saw the Threads article too, and I'm tempted to try it so I really appreciate the review. Just to clarify (if you don't mind), did you pleat a large piece of fabric rather than piece strips of fabric together first?
MickeyFan said... (7/4/05 4:29 PM) Reply
Very summery and fun looking skirt. Thanks for the review - I haven't even seen the article yet, but I am already looking forward to the new issue.
Marrs said... (7/4/05 4:02 PM) Reply
Yea .. very quick, I still have not received my issue yet. But the skirt looks snazie.
Lisa Laree said... (7/4/05 3:14 PM) Reply
Wow, was this quick! Great application of the concept...thanks for sharing it!

by: Jrhee

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

You Sew Girl Hobo Pattern