Brother
Brother

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2829 (Dolman Sleeve Jacket)

Reviewed by:Miss Fairchild

About Miss Fairchildstarstarstarstar

Posted on:7/5/05 8:28 AM
Last Updated:7/6/05 7:11 AM
Review Rating:
Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts
Miss Fairchild said... (7/6/05 7:09 AM) Reply
Oh, I hear you, bunz, about making muslins. I don't make them for skirts, but do for pants and tops because of my forward sloping shoulders, sway back and scoliosis. When I don't make a muslin, it runs me into trouble sometimes! :dizzy: I didn't measure either and thought that the jacket would fit and fall like it should, and it didn't. Thank you for reminding me (and others) how important flat pattern measuring is! Because I made this jacket so long ago, I didn't take into consideration the adjustments I have to make. Next time, it's going to be the sleeve length, back waist length, and the 5/8" forward shoulder adjustment for my rolled shoulders. I know KwikSew's shoulder seams on their Medium size patterns are about 1-1/2" longer than mine (because of their dropped-sleeve design), and this will give me an idea about where the armscye starts. I can make my adjustments from there.
AnneM said... (7/6/05 4:29 AM) Reply
Too bad it didn't work for you initially! It would have been cute w/ a sheer outside layer; perhaps underlining (but that would give 3 layers! ). Look forward to seeing your next version.
bunz said... (7/5/05 9:00 AM) Reply
You don't always have to make a muslin. Have you tried "flat measuring"? That would certainly be easy to do for a length adjustment.

by: sewingdiet