Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2002-130A (Capri pants)

Reviewed by: LoriB

About LoriBstarstar
Germany
Member since: 4/23/02
Posted on:8/23/02 5:16 PM
Last Updated:8/23/02 5:18 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
said... (8/23/02 8:03 PM) Reply
Great review. I haven't had many problems with Burda Mag patterns, so this was a surprise. It makes me think I'd better make sure to ALWAYS check measurements before cutting. Maria, you can go to http://www.nancysnotions.com for her website. Don't spend too much ;)
said... (8/23/02 6:52 PM) Reply
is there a site for the "nancy's notions"? i have been hearing about this catalog and was wondering about it. i have not had the bravery to try a zipper yet. if i come across a pattern that calls for one, i have just been ignoring it and not putting one in. because im still not sure how to sew one in. but im still curious about nancy's notions catalog. thanks
said... (8/23/02 5:46 PM) Reply
Hi Deepika! Yes, I meant zipper foot. It's a plastic foot with a roller that pushes the coil of the zipper open so you can stitch closer. My machine lets you move the needle position left or right and I believe I did that to stitch closer to the coil.
said... (8/23/02 5:38 PM) Reply
great review Lori. what is a invisible zipper attachment? are you talking about the zipper foot? I have the invisible zipper foot but in my most recent pants I found that it did not go close enough and I was wondering if there is something else out there so your review got my attention. I also saw something in Nancy's notions catalog recently... is it the same?
said... (8/23/02 5:34 PM) Reply
Glad you got them to come out ok. The elastic in the back waist sounds like a great solution. They look very comfy in the pattern photo.

Simplicity 1997