Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2963 (Land's End Knock-Off)

Reviewed by:PhyllisC

About PhyllisCstarstarstarstar
MA USA
Member since: 8/2/02
Posted on:7/9/05 9:51 AM
Last Updated:7/9/05 9:54 AM
Pattern Size:Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
Nitadee said... (9/29/07 9:57 AM) Reply
Thanks for your comments. I'v always wanted to try a swim suit pattern and your informative review has given me a bit more courage to give it a try. Thanks again, NitaDee
Heatherrique said... (6/27/06 3:37 PM) Reply
Very flattering on you!
lornakismet said... (5/21/06 1:09 PM) Reply
Phyllis, this is gorgeous. It is a style that might be kind to me and I like your choice of fabric/color. -LornaKismet (Lorna A.)
JDpenelope said... (7/10/05 11:05 PM) Reply
Great knockoff. Looks comfortable! Hope you post the Spandex House version.
GorgeousFabrics said... (7/10/05 1:44 PM) Reply
Love it Phyllis, great job! -Ann
Danvillegirl said... (7/10/05 1:40 PM) Reply
Great job!
Mbarkle said... (7/10/05 10:58 AM) Reply
Phyllis, I love it. You look fantastic in it.
ryan's mom said... (7/10/05 7:53 AM) Reply
I love your swimsuit! And I REALLY like yours better than Land's End. Your fabric choice was great for this project.
AnneM said... (7/10/05 6:32 AM) Reply
Fantastic job. You should feel good in that suit. It is a flattering style, and I really like the fabrics you picked.
Sherril Miller said... (7/9/05 10:41 PM) Reply
I love your suit. I'm in need so thanks for the review.
PegL said... (7/9/05 10:09 PM) Reply
Very pretty suit and it looks great on you!
CarolynGM said... (7/9/05 8:41 PM) Reply
I'm very impressed with the look and fit of your new suit. I used to make swimsuits all the time for me and DD -- I don't know why I stopped.
Julia Graham said... (7/9/05 4:18 PM) Reply
Phyllis, it looks great on you!
drsue said... (7/9/05 3:56 PM) Reply
Great suit! I'm gathering my materials to make some swimsuits myself. I really choke on the RTW prices. Just bought dh two bikinis (three peices each including the skirt) and each was about $150! Needles to say, I'm analyzing them extensively.
Teri said... (7/9/05 3:40 PM) Reply
Phyllis, your suit looks great! I am with you, what is with swimsuits costing so much. Good grief, there is not even a yard of fabric in most of them:)
Pam Z said... (7/9/05 3:27 PM) Reply
Great looking suit, wonderful fit! I like the top fabric. What fabric did you use for the shelf bra & for tummy control & your sources, please?
Jill Giard said... (7/9/05 12:24 PM) Reply
Phyllis - your suit looks great on you. Nice job. Thanks for a thorough review.
Karla Kizer said... (7/9/05 12:10 PM) Reply
Amazing knock-off. It looks great. Lands End should be copying your suit, instead of the other way around.
purpleseamstress said... (7/9/05 11:58 AM) Reply
Thank you. I'm getting ready to make swimsuits for the DD and I. This is a great review.
Debbie Cook said... (7/9/05 11:45 AM) Reply
Great suit and very flattering!
Julia in NC said... (7/9/05 10:56 AM) Reply
You have done exactly what I have THOUGHT about doing......because I have a lands end swimsuit similar to this that I wanted to make rather than buy (because of the cost). I think you did a GREAT job. and I bet you spent a lot less, and now you have a pattern you can use again and again. Maybe I'll be so adventurous some day.
bunz said... (7/9/05 10:24 AM) Reply
I also like the top fabric. Isn't it amazing how tankinis can work on a "mature" bod!! Did you attach the waist at the waistline or at the bottom of the top piece?
Patti B said... (7/9/05 10:06 AM) Reply
Wow, it looks great and your alterations all achieved their purpose. Land's End has nothing on you! I like the top fabric too, especially with the black.
Steffie said... (7/9/05 10:01 AM) Reply
Great suit! It looks terrific on you!

by: Deepika