Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 9771 (Misses Blouse)

Reviewed by:tbiskupek

About tbiskupek
Australia
Member since: 6/2/14
Posted on:6/16/14 11:08 PM

Vogue Patterns: 9771 by tbiskupek
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people
tbiskupek said... (6/26/14 9:16 PM) Reply
Hi albanysewer, the pivot points in the picture are the points for each of the sizes. As I sewed the size 16 I used the top (solid line) one. To better demonstrate I have uploaded another picture which shows the pivot point I used for size 16 (ignore the other ones) and then I have drawn black lines for the reinforcement stitching. This will be on your seam line 1.5cm. I have also marked where you clip to the pivot once you have done your stitching. Once you have attached your back neck facing to the back you join the shoulder seams and then the front and back facing and this is where you pivot at the point. The clip helps you to manage the turn. The continuous seam refers to the shoulder and facing areas only. This is also the area I used tear away stabiliser on as the fabric can stretch on silk. Hope this makes it all a little clearer.
albanysewer said... (6/25/14 1:37 PM) Reply
I see the arrows on the roll line but do they imply start reinforcing at top solid arrow down to partial arrow then pivot? I made this shirt last night (protype) on less expensive fabric than the blue silk I purchased but find there are also bust and shoulder sizing issues that need to be addressed. Also, when sewing the shoulders together it specifies attach back facing to front self facing and sew in one continuous seam which if done would seal the top of the shirt closed. The cowl is tricky but I am going out tonight to get tissue paper to make another pattern and purchase another fabric (not expensive) to trial with adjusted sizes. Thanks for the suggestions and pictures.
tbiskupek said... (6/24/14 6:56 PM) Reply
Hi Albanysewer, the arrows are located on the roll line of the front. I have attached a photo showing them. This is the point where you sew the shoulders and front/back facing together in one step. As its a sharp turn in the sewing line I also reinforced the pivot point with tear away stabiliser and then reinforced with stitching to stop any movement and allowed me to get a clean sewing line on my slippery silk. I have also uploaded a picture of the pivot points. Hope this helps
albanysewer said... (6/24/14 2:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful job! I happened to buy a similar color silk as well as a less expensive cloth for the first run. I am having trouble with the first step where the top is reinforced, though. I don't understand the arrows on the paper pattern. Can you give me some tips on decipering the location of reinforcement? The rest of the pattern looks straight forward but not the first step. Help!
1SewSweet said... (6/17/14 8:26 PM) Reply
Well you did find a great way to use your stash I must say! This is one gorgeous colored top!
sewtofit said... (6/17/14 11:50 AM) Reply
Gorgeous color...so simple and elegant.
carolynw said... (6/17/14 11:35 AM) Reply
Really beautiful
Foxmollie said... (6/17/14 8:53 AM) Reply
This is so classy. Just lovely. I am happy you posted this. This is a perfect pattern for using up fabric stash.
mchinadoll said... (6/17/14 7:41 AM) Reply
Very nice, I need a few of these in my wardrobe.
cln said... (6/17/14 7:28 AM) Reply
I'm working with silk right now, so it's so great that you posted. Great top. Thanks for sharing.
MrsCharisma said... (6/16/14 11:41 PM) Reply
GORGEOUS!
Melwyk said... (6/16/14 11:12 PM) Reply
Such a simple pattern but it looks stunning with your fabric choice. Really beautiful! (and congrats on posting your 1st review!)

by: sunnysewer