Class Reviews > Understanding Wools

Posted on: 2/6/07 6:23 PM
Rating: starstarstar
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people   Very Helpful by 6 people
Web site/URL: Understanding Wool Fabrics
I have now taken three Understanding classes and each one is worth every penny. Who could have known there was so much to know about Wools.

This class included eleven very detailed lessons. These lessons cover in depth information about at least 20 different wools, which are all part of the swatch set Sarah will send you for the asking (and paying;-)). Lessons cover treatment and care, sewing information, designing with wools, as well as many many photos of garments Sarah has created and made with wools. This is just a few subjects covered in the lessons.

The kit includes enough wool fabric (wool crepe this time) and silk to make either a mini straight skirt or a mini six gore skirt.

For those who are true sewing geeks (I use this term with much pride and affection) I highly recommend this class and any of the Understanding series of classes.

Sarah Veblen is a truly gifted and encouraging instructor with a great deal of theoretical-meets-practical knowledge. She is tremendously experienced and practiced at all she teaches. It helps that she is also kind and gracious to the newest of sewist and has an infectious love of sewing which she is able to share via the internet.

I agree completely with JanB's assessment of the class.

I do strongly suggest buying the kit with the class as well as sewing the skirt together while the class is in session.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Sewing Class Review    Read All Sewing Class Reviews

1 Comments
Nancywin said...
I wanted to take this class, but for the amount of money, I would rather pay a few dollars more and make a skirt that I can actually wear. I don't get the whole "half size" pattern concept. If I make something, I want to be able to use it. Thanks for your review of the class, I may reconsider.
11/27/07 0:21 AM

Islander Sewing Systems - MyStyle Greetings

Islander Sewing Systems - MyStyle Greetings

Buy Now
Petite Plus D202 DVD

Petite Plus D202 DVD

Buy Now

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.