Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Posted on: 3/3/07 10:37 PM
Rating: starstarstar
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people   Very Helpful by 1 people
Web site/URL: photo
This is the 15th year for the Victoria Sewing Show. It was a week earlier this year, which meant many of the usual presenters were at Puyallip instead. I was worried that this would negatively impact the classroom sessions. I was wrong!

Claudine Pouliot from New Brunswick, gave several incredible sessions ranging from an all day body mapping workshop, a 3 hour colour workshop and a amazing session on sewing without pins. We even eased a sleeve head and sewed in place without a pin. I would not miss another opportunity to see her in action.

Karen Erickson gave a great series of sessions both lecture style and hands on to teach us how to make a slipcover. I has taken a slipcovering workshop in the past, but her method made sense to me.

I did not take in any of the free sstage shows this year, I was too busy in classes.

My only disappointment was that some of the regulars who bring greaat fabric and patterns that are not easily available in Victoria were not there. I especially missed Sun Drop Textiles and Linda MacPhee.

And to top if all off, I bought myself a Janome CP900 for $288.00 as a show special.

Oh I also met Joyce S, who is a lurker here at PR and her sister Jean.

<< Previous    Next >>

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Add Sewing Expo Review    Read All Sewing Expo Reviews

1 Comments
Elaine Dougan said... (3/4/07 11:43 AM) Reply
I was so sorry to miss the show this year. My travelling companion came down with a cold, and I didn't want to go on my own. I have been doing more sewing this year and wanted to check out some new fabrics. I live in Cobble Hill and have to go to Duncan or Victoria to shop for sewing stuff. I am so envious that you got to attend so many great workshops. Is it fair to the workshop presenters to ask you to pass along some of their tips?

Couch Caddy Paper Pattern

Couch Caddy Paper Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Waterfall Pattern Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Waterfall Pattern Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.