Sewing Patterns, Pattern Review, Sewing Classes, Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Reviews!
Platinum Sponsor: Stylish Fabric
Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric

[SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson ]
[Sewing Classes|Shopping Bag Your Shopping Bag|Login|Help]
Sewing Review and Pattern Reviews Sewing Knowledge Base Sewing Patterns Sewing Classes & Sewing Lessons Sewing Machine & Embroidery Machinery Sewing Message Boards Sewing merchants Blog Help/FAQ About Pattern Review

Advanced Search
returns & refunds
testimonials
Platinum Sponsor - Stylish Fabric
Stylish Fabric
Victoria Sewing annd Crafts Show (Sewing Expo Review)
British Columbia, CANADA
expos reviewed: 3
Posted on: 3/3/07 10:37 PM
Rating: starstarstar
Web site/URL: photo
This is the 15th year for the Victoria Sewing Show. It was a week earlier this year, which meant many of the usual presenters were at Puyallip instead. I was worried that this would negatively impact the classroom sessions. I was wrong!

Claudine Pouliot from New Brunswick, gave several incredible sessions ranging from an all day body mapping workshop, a 3 hour colour workshop and a amazing session on sewing without pins. We even eased a sleeve head and sewed in place without a pin. I would not miss another opportunity to see her in action.

Karen Erickson gave a great series of sessions both lecture style and hands on to teach us how to make a slipcover. I has taken a slipcovering workshop in the past, but her method made sense to me.

I did not take in any of the free sstage shows this year, I was too busy in classes.

My only disappointment was that some of the regulars who bring greaat fabric and patterns that are not easily available in Victoria were not there. I especially missed Sun Drop Textiles and Linda MacPhee.

And to top if all off, I bought myself a Janome CP900 for $288.00 as a show special.

Oh I also met Joyce S, who is a lurker here at PR and her sister Jean.
Style Arc sewing dress patterns
Thank You for Joining!

<< Previous Next >>

Add Sewing Expo Review    Read All Sewing Expo Reviews

Elaine Dougan said...
I was so sorry to miss the show this year. My travelling companion came down with a cold, and I didn't want to go on my own. I have been doing more sewing this year and wanted to check out some new fabrics. I live in Cobble Hill and have to go to Duncan or Victoria to shop for sewing stuff. I am so envious that you got to attend so many great workshops. Is it fair to the workshop presenters to ask you to pass along some of their tips?
3/4/07 11:43 AM

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Contact Us