Tips & Techniques > Clothes Closet Hangar Turning

Member since: 9/29/05
Reviews: 32 (tips: 1)
Posted on: 9/13/07 4:39 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people   Very Helpful by 9 people
With much encouragement, I'm posting this actual non-sewing tip. mentioned, this tip has the potential to leave you with much more room in your closet for the clothes you are sewing.

I recently read this tip on HGTV, so I can't take credit for it alone.

In your closet, turn all your clothes hangars backwards with the hook facing you. Then as you wear an item and rehang it, face the hangar back towards you as normal.

After a season, you'll be able to tell what you wear and what you might want to get rid of.

Simple, I know. But it works!

<< Previous    Next >>

Vesta Patterns

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

J-Girl said... (11/2/07 0:54 AM) Reply
My variation: I wear a lot of skirts, so to make sure I'm rotating through my wardrobe I use a decorative hangar (or tie a scarf around a regular hangar) as a divider, and then after I wear a piece it goes to the left. Things that haven't been worn in a while are on the right. If I really, really don't want to wear them, then out they go!
Sew it seams said... (9/15/07 11:23 AM) Reply
What a great idea! I'm going to start this today.
Nancywin said... (9/14/07 9:53 PM) Reply
I had forgotten about this - thanks for the reminder.
Merry G said... (9/14/07 9:41 PM) Reply
awesome...thanks...I needed that tip...BAD
ryansmumAria said... (9/13/07 10:57 PM) Reply
what a great idea
Susan M said... (9/13/07 6:22 PM) Reply
Love the humor. You can put those in a bag and send them to Salvation Army. That way you won't have a fit over those clothes again and you will have room for those you sew. Great Idea!
Karla Kizer said... (9/13/07 5:48 PM) Reply
Tailypo, do what I do. Walk on them.
Tailypo said... (9/13/07 5:21 PM) Reply
That is brilliant! What do I do about the clothes tossed on the floor in a fit of anguish? ;)

Copyright © 2015® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.