|This is how I line a sleeveless dress or blouse. You can get these steps plus pictures at the link above.
1.First, complete the front and back of the dress and the lining. Sew together only at the shoulders. Here, if you have a yoke, the facing will serve as part of the lining.
2.Now, pin the dress and the lining together at the neck edge. Make sure to line up shoulder seams and CF and CB. Stitch all the way around. Clip curves and trim seam allowance.
3. Press the seam toward the lining and understitch all the way around
4.Turn right side out and edge press the neck edge so that the seam is exactly on the edge or slightly turned to the inside
5. While your garment is still right side out, roll up one side toward the sleeve seam you are getting ready to sew
6. Now, flip one sleeve edge over the roll so that the rolled up fabric is in-between the two sleeve edges. Pin and stitch this seam. Trim seam allowance and clip curves. Pull the entire dress through the shoulder. It seems like it won't work, but it does.
7. After you have pulled the dress through the shoulder seam, press over the side of a ham for a clean finish. Repeat for the other side.
8. Now sew the side seams of the dress and the side seams of the lining in one continuous seam for each side. Finish the hem on your lining and the hem on your dress. That's all there is to it!