Tips & Techniques > usiing Clover Bias tape makers

Reviews: 89 (tips: 10)
Posted on: 7/23/08 6:43 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people   Very Helpful by 15 people
Web site/URL: photo
If you are like me, you have a a tape maker in your sewing room that you used long ago and have long since misplaced the package with the instructions. I wanted to use mine yesterday so I did an internet search and found the information. I did not find it on the PR site so I thought I would post it for every one's reference.

The Clover set comes color coated and has the mm size engraved on them. The single fold width is Green =1/4", Yellow = 1/2", Red = 3/4" Blue=1" and Gray = 2". The double fold is 1/2 of those measurements.

The strip to cut is 2x the single fold width. For example the Blue 25 mm bias maker needs a strip 2" wide and will make single fold bias tape 1" wide and double fold bias tape 1/2" wide.

I have now taken a Sharpie and marked the strip width on the metal bias tube next to the mm marking. No more trying to remember or wasting sewing time on the internet!

My set does not have the slot to feed in fusible web but I understand they are now available with this feature.

I came across this on line tutotial that I think answers almost every question I had.

<< Previous    Next >>

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

Aless said... (8/14/08 5:20 AM) Reply
Great tips,esp. about marking the strip width.
homewerk said... (7/25/08 3:37 PM) Reply
Nice tip. I've just finished a baby dress that I made coordinating bias tape for the arm holes and elastic casings. It was easy to cut bias strips from leftover fabric and turn them into cute trim, and without a trip to the fabric store. bias trim
papago said... (7/25/08 8:35 AM) Reply
Thanks jbsew. I just received this set and haven't used it yet. This is very helpful. Laura
ryansmumAria said... (7/23/08 12:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great info! I'm so excited to use it again.

Islander Sewing Systems - MyStyle Greetings

Islander Sewing Systems - MyStyle Greetings

Victoria Jones Collection Busy Diva Apron and Star Potholder

Victoria Jones Collection Busy Diva Apron and Star Potholder

Copyright © 2015® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.