Tips & Techniques > Split knit cuffs-DVF style

Member since: 2/25/07
Reviews: 22 (tips: 2)
Posted on: 9/22/08 6:55 PM
Web site/URL: photo
This is a picture tutorial for making split cuffs in a knit, like those found on the Vogue 8379 wrap dress. I copied a Diane von Furstenberg dress borrowed from a friend, and tried to duplicate the method used. I remember being confused by the Vogue directions the first time, hopefully the pictures will help. This method has a neater inside finish than you get using the Vogue instructions.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

7 Comments
AnnMarieJ said... (1/23/09 9:57 PM) Reply
This is a truly excellent tutorial. I am so excited to try this method! Thank you for writing this out and photographing it in so much detail!
homewerk said... (9/26/08 1:19 PM) Reply
Thanks! I have my Vogue 8379 cut out and ready to sew this weekend. Now I'll know how to construct its cuffs. Excellent photography with clear, succinct captions.
ryansmumAria said... (9/26/08 2:46 AM) Reply
This is so exciting! Thank you for sharing. I am a teacher and was once taught this method but could not recall the steps and have been hoping no one would ask me how to do this! I love it. THANks
sewtime said... (9/26/08 0:28 AM) Reply
Thank you for the great tutorial! I can hardly wait to use it!
leanmeansewingmachine said... (9/23/08 8:26 PM) Reply
Great tutorial! Your pictures and instructions are very clear and easy to understand.
jeanharville said... (9/23/08 9:19 AM) Reply
Thanks. Your tutorial is very easy to understand and I hope to use it soon.
Karine said... (9/23/08 8:55 AM) Reply
thanks for the great tutorial! I've always wanted to do split cuffs like that. Your step-by-step photos make it really clear.

Christine Jonson Swirl Skirt & Ruffle Top

Christine Jonson Swirl Skirt & Ruffle Top

8 inch Dressmaking Shears

8 inch Dressmaking Shears

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.