Tips & Techniques > Runaway foot pedal

Member since: 3/20/08
Reviews: 3 (tips: 2)
Posted on: 9/17/09 9:44 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people   Very Helpful by 15 people
I recently read in an issue of Threads magazine (I believe that is where I saw it) about stopping your sewing machine pedal from running away.

I have a carpeted sewing area and still my pedal would run to the wall. I attached some of the "hook" side of velcro to the bottom. This holds it in place and prevents it from slipping while not "glueing it" to the carpet.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

skysthelimit said... (5/4/10 9:50 PM) Reply
I use old mousepads, works like a charm!
snapdragonfly said... (9/18/09 8:49 AM) Reply
Thanks, I have also tried the grippy non slippy stuff for my machine AND my footpedal but it has not worked for me so I will try the velcro hook idea and let you know.
arianamaniacs said... (9/18/09 4:18 AM) Reply
Double-sided tape keeps pedals stuck to hardware floors as well. If you just put a little strip, it's still easy to pull it off and move the pedal around if necessary.
calminatrix said... (9/18/09 3:40 AM) Reply
i sure hope this works! i struggle with this all day, every day! looking down, looking up, looking down, looking up...
monijo said... (9/17/09 6:11 PM) Reply
I've tried the mesh, but it didn't work for me. However, I will try using the loop side of Velcro. I hope that I get better results. Thanks.
Darlene2001 said... (9/17/09 1:09 PM) Reply
Really great idea, thanks.
quathy said... (9/17/09 10:43 AM) Reply
My dealer also recommends using that grippy mesh that you put under carpets to keep them from slipping on hardwood floors. Sorry I don't know what that stuff is called... but it works marvelously for foot pedals, and also for runaway sergers!

Copyright © 2015® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.