Tips & Techniques > Working with fusible fleece - using fleece scraps

Member since: 3/23/04
Reviews: 53 (tips: 3)
Posted on: 5/26/10 10:16 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people   Very Helpful by 6 people
No matter how careful I am, sometimes my fusible fleece doesn't completely cover my fabric. Instead of recutting, I use scraps to fill in. You will need to put a pressing cloth on your ironing board. Lay your fabric on the pressing cloth, right side down. Place the fusible fleece pieces glue side (rough side) down on top of the fabric. Fuse. This is a great way to use your fleece scraps, too!

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

2 Comments
Fluteplayer said... (5/27/10 8:12 AM) Reply
I don't preshrink and I have never had a problem with wrinkling. With all fusible stabilizers, they need to ironed flat once they are fused. I press the right side of the fabric until it is smooth by holding on to one edge and ironing from the center out. I'm not pulling the fabric, but I am lightly pushing out any wrinkles.
ryansmumAria said... (5/26/10 10:23 PM) Reply
Do you preshrink your fusible fleece? I'd love to know. I've had hits and misses with the fusible variety and am not thinking of only using the sew in type. I had two projects wrinkle terrible but am guilty of not preshrinking as it never occurred to me to do it.

SewBaby Fleece-Easy Hats Pattern

SewBaby Fleece-Easy Hats Pattern

Summer Tote Paper Pattern

Summer Tote Paper Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.