Sewing Patterns, Pattern Review, Sewing Classes, Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Reviews!
Platinum Sponsor: Stylish Fabric
Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric

[SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson ]
[Sewing Classes|Shopping Bag Your Shopping Bag|Login|Help]
Sewing Review and Pattern Reviews Sewing Knowledge Base Sewing Patterns Sewing Classes & Sewing Lessons Sewing Machine & Embroidery Machinery Sewing Message Boards Sewing merchants Blog Help/FAQ About Pattern Review

Advanced Search
returns & refunds
testimonials
Platinum Sponsor - Stylish Fabric
Stylish Fabric
Top Ten Couture Techniques (Online Sewing Class)

A PatternReview.com Class
classes reviewed: 1
Posted on: 7/4/10 1:16 PM
Rating: starstarstar
Web site/URL: Top 10 Couture Techniques With Susan Khalje
There was enough info learned that I plan to take Susan Khalje's Bridal Gown 101 in August!

More specifically, Susan provided 10 hand-outs that carefully illustrated the various techniques. As always, it really has to do with following the directions and practice, practice, practice.

The nice thing about the PR classes is that you can bring any questions to the classroom chats for clarification and collaboration with your classmates. That is truly helpful.

Several of the techniques were so similar to the way I do it, but then there would be this one little step that just put the icing on the cake and the results were that much nicer. I was also challenged to try a technique or two that I have not simply because it just is not something I think I would use. Now I have some ideas roiling around in my brain for "one of these days".

This is the third online class I have taken here on PR (or ever) and it certainly will not be the last. There is always something we can learn; and if it is not all "new", a class' content can stimulate us to take on a new project simply to use that new skill.

This was my first Susan Khalje class. She is a gracious lady and a very helpful and knowledgable teacher. I'm looking forward to the upcoming class in August.
Sewn Square One
Patterns for Your Style.
Gwyn Hug
Fabric Shopping Help!

<< Previous Next >>

Add Sewing Class Review    Read All Sewing Class Reviews

Barbara3 said...
Thanks for this review. I've taken many classes on PR, mostly with the wonderful late Shannon Gifford. But I've never taken one with Susan Khalje, and now you've inspired me to.
7/4/10 11:12 PM

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Contact Us