|In her blog, KatC83 received a tip from Anonymous on how to read the Burda pattern sheets. I have modified her directions below:
The individual pattern pieces are actually very easy to find.
1. Look at the directions for an individual pattern.
2. Find the location for your pattern pieces on the enclosed pattern sheets, for example - BLUE pattern outlines, sheet B, pattern pieces 1 to 6.
3. Open up sheet B, and locate the individual numbers (in BLUE color!) on the EDGES of the sheet.
4. When you find the number go either horizontally or vertically across the sheet, until you find the number 1 there.
5. You have located that pattern piece. It is that simple!
6. Because the sheets are now so complex, I trace each piece with a highlighter or other marker before I trace it off so it is easier to follow.