Class Reviews > Cotton Theory Placemat with Heidy Thayer

Reviews: 72 (classes: 1)
Posted on: 9/12/10 7:19 PM
Rating: starstarstar
Web site/URL: photo
This is a class in learning the Cotton Theory Quilting method. It is a quilt-as-you-go method for those of us that don't have/want to shove an entire quilt in our machine. That would be me!
This class was at G Street Centerville. Heidi is a certfied Cotton Theory instructorand learned the technique directly from Betty Cotton. She clarified the instructions, had us use the book to make sure we understood on ourselves and everyone in the class finished their two sided placemats and they were all beautiful!

I haven't taken many one day classes where I finished the project in class! The class was fun, Heidi is a great instructor and we all had a great time. My next quilt (a T shirt quilt for my Daughter in Law) will be done with this method. I plan to take more Cotton Theory classes as they are offered.

<< Previous    Next >>

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Add Sewing Class Review    Read All Sewing Class Reviews

4 Comments
Carol Mendoza said... (9/20/10 4:32 PM) Reply
I've taken the class at Nancy's Notions several years ago. Wonderful way to make a quilt. I've dreamed of taking the certification class at Cotton Theory Camp!
annenet said... (9/13/10 10:46 AM) Reply
oops, double post
annenet said... (9/13/10 10:46 AM) Reply
It really pays to learn from one. The book is pretty confusing on it's own.
vasallese said... (9/13/10 10:33 AM) Reply
Did not know there were Cotton Theory certified instructors. I will look for them. THanks for letting us know about these classes.

More Knits
More Knits

Petite Plus V202 VHS

Petite Plus V202 VHS

Islander Sewing Systems - MyStyle Greetings

Islander Sewing Systems - MyStyle Greetings

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.