Tips & Techniques > Inserting an invisible zipper in a fully lined dress

Reviews: 33 (tips: 1)
Posted on: 6/2/11 4:20 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people   Very Helpful by 12 people
Web site/URL: photo
Here's a link to my blog post, complete with photos, on inserting an invisible zipper when creating a fully lined dress.

Overview: Sew lining to dress only at neck and armholes. Set zipper teeth on seam allowance of one side of dress fabric (right sides together) as normal. Baste. Flip corresponding lining fabric over dress fabric and zipper. Stitch along baste line. Repeat on other side. To finish dress, sew side seams, center back seam, and hem.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

5 Comments
Lmagnelli said... (3/29/13 2:22 PM) Reply
I've made a communion dress for my niece and am at the point of putting a zipper in...and am terrified! It's my first time ever doing an invisible zipper on a lined dress. I will read through your tutorial a few more times and give it a try! Thank you for your clear instructions!
EleanorSews said... (3/31/12 4:35 PM) Reply
Thank you for doing this tute. It is clear in the instructions and makes the whole process quite easy to follow. I have a lined dress in my queue for an upcoming wedding. You have simplified my life.
JenniferMM said... (6/3/11 11:43 AM) Reply
I'm so pleased it's helpful! I can't wait to see how yours turn out!
Liza115 said... (6/3/11 6:59 AM) Reply
Excellent Tutorial. I've learned something today. Thanks Jennifer!
NVK said... (6/3/11 6:28 AM) Reply
Thank you for your great instructions. You did a very good job with the tutorial. I am going to try this on my next invisible zipper.

You Sew Girl Small Tote Pattern

You Sew Girl Small Tote Pattern

Favorite Things Little Wrap Dress Pattern

Favorite Things Little Wrap Dress Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.