Tips & Techniques > Tired of re-measuring scraps

Member since: 5/17/11
Reviews: 7 (tips: 7)
Posted on: 8/16/11 11:59 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people   Very Helpful by 10 people
I got so tired of looking at my fabric stash and wondering if I had enough fabric for a project, so one day, I decided that I would stop the insanity and organize a bit.

All I did was write the measurements on scrap paper and attach it using 2" straight pins.

On my silk/delicate pieces, I hold the paper in place using tape that doesn't leave "gunk" behind.

Then, I put the pieces into a storage bin (clear preferably) and mark it, aka "5 yards or less," "2 yards;" etc.

Honestly, this has been the best thing idea, just to keep from needing to re-measure each time.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

4 Comments
Merry G said... (8/17/11 6:40 PM) Reply
Love it...I have done that on some but never thought to group them tog. Thanks sew much
waltzqueen said... (8/17/11 3:14 PM) Reply
You go girl! Excellent idea! I was so crazy I finally super organized too. I labeled every piece of fabric in my 4 bins and a shelf, then made a master list with fabric, yardage and cost (if I had it) for each container, so I can just check the list that when I want something.
Amanda.Claire said... (8/17/11 9:11 AM) Reply
Great idea!!
Bernie R. said... (8/17/11 0:48 AM) Reply
Great idea. I keep my stash in plastic storage bins too (in case of flooding in my basement.) This will help me organize better.

Victoria Jones Collection Misses' Pareau Style Wrap Dress

Victoria Jones Collection Misses' Pareau Style Wrap Dress

Victory Simone Paper Pattern

Victory Simone Paper Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.