Tips & Techniques > What needle is in my machine?

Posted by: lca

About lca star
Member since: 6/4/07
Reviews: 2 (tips: 2)
Posted on: 10/11/11 5:09 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people   Very Helpful by 12 people
I use a wash away marker and just write the type and size needle I have in my machine on the machine. I also write the length and width of any special setting that I am using. It wipes off when done. I have not had any problems with the marks not coming off. I use the crayola brand of washable markers.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

Deepika said... (12/1/11 10:53 AM) Reply
this is a test
TexasPat said... (11/14/11 11:34 AM) Reply
Must try this. Now, I put a small piece of painters tape on machine and write needle type/#. Cross out and write new until a new piece of tape is needed.
lettingg0 said... (10/23/11 10:08 AM) Reply
I do this also and since I have multiple machines it saves me from having to toss a needle that I used very little because I couldn't remember what size it was!
solosmocker said... (10/18/11 7:41 PM) Reply
quathy said... (10/15/11 9:28 PM) Reply
i love this idea! i've used sticky notes, too, but they fall off. thanks for the tip!!
Longblades said... (10/14/11 5:21 PM) Reply
I keep a square of fabric by my machine that has all my needle sizes marked on it. When I put a needle in I move a glass bead pin to mark which it was. I also store all my new needles on this square. It's easier to get them out of the fabric than that little case they come in.
FrammaJoy said... (10/12/11 10:06 PM) Reply
I write it on a piece of masking tape. Too afraid to write on my machine!
Deepika said... (10/12/11 10:54 AM) Reply
What a great idea! I'll definitely use it next time.
JPForster said... (10/12/11 9:14 AM) Reply
Wow - great idea! I'm a new sewer and my close vision is not the greatest. Difficult to constantly be checking what needle size I have in my machine. Now I'll always know! Great tip!
RLL said... (10/12/11 8:33 AM) Reply
I also use a sticky note, but I think your idea is pretty brilliant. I have been using dry erase markers on the mirror in the bathroom for years. I always remember what I need from the store while in the shower and forget by the time I get downstairs, so....notes to self on mirror!
Patzee said... (10/12/11 1:50 AM) Reply
So simple!
Baychel3 said... (10/12/11 1:18 AM) Reply
FANTASTIC idea@ Thank you. I'm so tired of taking the needle(s) in/out to figure out what I last put in the machine!
marycds said... (10/11/11 9:44 PM) Reply
How simple. Great idea.
Teeavilnor said... (10/11/11 9:25 PM) Reply
I do almost the same, except I use a very small sticky note.
Kathy_AZ said... (10/11/11 5:31 PM) Reply
What a great idea -- thanks so much for sharing it. I'm constantly throwing out good needles simply because I can't remember what they are.

Copyright © 2015® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.