Tips & Techniques > Create a Sewing Journal

Member since: 11/14/11
Reviews: 81 (tips: 6)
Posted on: 11/27/11 3:25 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people   Very Helpful by 14 people
I wanted to have a way to carry my patterns w/ me when I go to the fabric store. So I created a sewing journal. I bought the journal for $1 at the One-Spot at Target. On the right side I made a 40% reduced size color copy of the pattern front and taped that along with a swatch of fabric if I've made something from the pattern. And below that I made any notations about tips, tricks, alterations, etc. Then on the opposite (left) side I made a 80% reduced size b/w copy of the back of the pattern.
Now I keep this in my purse and can have all my patterns at my fingertips, so if I find a great fabric I know I have something it will match and I can buy the correct yardage & notions instead of having to make multiple trips to the store.
Plus it's a little bit of history of what I've made!

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

BigD said... (4/23/12 2:23 AM) Reply
This is a great idea! I keep detailed info on all of my scuba dives. That way I can go back later and see what I was doing for any number of particulars. By doing this while sewing I can keep my serger tensions and feet adjustments for when I come back to a particular sewing situation.
SewinBella said... (3/14/12 5:19 AM) Reply
I was doing a Google search on "sewing journal" and found this. I'm trying to make a sewing journal myself, so would love to see pictures and know more about what you put inside it. Thanks.
NJcowgirl said... (11/28/11 9:13 PM) Reply
Excellent idea. Thank you!!! I'm going to try it because I'm always wondering what I have, what I need, what will go with what I want.
ChantillyDreams said... (11/28/11 10:04 AM) Reply
I was wondering about how to do the same thing, and thought maybe I could photograph the front and back covers with my Droid phone so it's always with me? Haven't tried it yet ;)

J Stern Designs Women's Tee Pattern

J Stern Designs Women's Tee Pattern

Beginner Sewing Lab 104 - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Beginner Sewing Lab 104  - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Copyright © 2015® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.