Mood Fabrics

tips added: 3
Posted on: 1/18/12 10:54 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people   Very Helpful by 9 people
Web site/URL: photo
I developed this technique after being inspired by an ancient sewing VHS I had seen years ago.

This is not the typical way to apply mitered binding to a project but it is sooo cool. You will get perfect results and won't have to hand sew the mitered corners shut.

This method can be used to bind a quilt, a wall hanging, a place mat, a Tablet Keeper, etc. - anything that needs a mitered corner.

Please click visit this URL to see more:

(The link to my free mitering video tutorial is near the bottom of the blog post.)

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

6 Comments
Celticstitcher said... (2/6/12 7:25 PM) Reply
fantastic - thank you, I am just about to make a baby play mat and this will finish it beautifully
Alice said... (2/1/12 6:20 PM) Reply
Loved the video. I had saved a method by Margaret Islander but there was a lot of measuring involved and your's is so simple. If you only knew how I'd struggled with a trim on a jacket once, ripped so many times and ended up sewing it by hand. You're a cutie and I love your personality. Many thanks and great, clear shots, thanks hubby.
Laurie Lou said... (1/26/12 1:55 PM) Reply
Cool, I'll bookmark this for the future. I like this method.
elsew said... (1/19/12 9:48 AM) Reply
Fantastic information in your video presentation. Cannot wait to try this one...I just finished binding a twin size quilt and this would have come in so handy.
VivianZ said... (1/19/12 8:56 AM) Reply
Great tip. Thanks for the video you created.
Tarrbaby said... (1/19/12 8:06 AM) Reply
Great technique!!! Wish I had this info when I made mitered corners binding a jacket, I got it done but this way is much easier.

More Knits
More Knits

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Sewing Workshop Inventor Shirt Pattern

Sewing Workshop Inventor Shirt Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.