|This morning before starting a new project, I decided to clean the lint from my machine. I opened the bobbin door and picked up what I thought was my newly purchased can of compressed air. I started spraying and thought it "acted funny". When I looked at the directions, I discovered that I had sprayed craft adhesive onto (and INTO) my machine! Fortunately, I am married to The King Of Solvents, who took over the catastrophe management. He first tried the least harmful solvent, which is spit. It didn't work, so next we tried rubbing alcohol. After that failed he tried naptha, which removed the stickiness. I used paper towels and q-tips to clean the areas of the machine which felt sticky. Thankfully I hadn't removed the bobbin case yet!
Lessons learned: READ THE LABEL, put away things after using them, and wait until you are wide awake before doing anything involving machines (other than the coffeemaker).