Tips & Techniques > Replacement for broken cover on Janome walking foot

About JOshiro star
Member since: 5/14/05
tips added: 6
Posted on: 5/7/12 4:01 PM
In my review of the ditch and edge guides for the Janome walking foot, I mentioned that I snapped the critical part of the housing on the Janome even-feed foot that holds the quilting bar. Looking online, I saw that this was a fairly common occurrence.

My dealer said it was impossible to purchase the housing alone, but I contacted Janome.com through their web site the next day to verify. Yes, you CAN buy the cover separately, it is part #214014006. Additionally, they gave me the following tips on how to (hopefully) not break it again:

"We recommend that you attach the guide prior to attaching the foot to the machine, holding the foot fully supported in your hand, thereby causing less stress on the casing. When removing the guide, it is to be pulled out, not snapped out."

To that, I would add that the guide should be slid in from the side, not snapped in from the top. (I had done the latter when mine broke.)

(Don't be like me and get suckered/pressured into buying a whole new foot for $60 from the dealer when the replacement housing from another dealer is a couple bucks.)

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

1 Comments
elsew said... (5/8/12 2:55 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for this tip...I will surely make note of the part number...I can see one of these in my future. You have done some important 'leg work' and I certainly do appreciate that.

SewBaby Easy to Sew Baby Layette Pattern

SewBaby Easy to Sew Baby Layette Pattern

PerfectFuse Light Black

PerfectFuse Light Black

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.