Class Reviews > The Couture Dress with Susan Khajle by Craftsy

Posted by: GoodbyeValntino

About GoodbyeValntino starstarstarstar
SC USA
Member since: 9/18/11
Reviews: 119 (classes: 3)
Posted on: 5/30/12 5:11 PM
Rating: starstarstar
Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people   Very Helpful by 21 people
Web site/URL: photo
Susan Khajle's , The Couture Dress online class provided by Craftsy is expertly presented. The class comes with a free Vogue pattern (dress 8648) which is illustrated using couture techniques from start to finish.
I highly recommend Craftsy for starters. The format is so helpful by allowing the student to take video notes which are catalogued. Interaction with the instructor is provided through messaging which is an excellent way to avoid confusion, and you will have permanent access to your class upon payment.

Susan Khajle is a masterful instructor, presenting the material concisely, and there is A LOT of material to cover. My goodness......... Susan begins by teaching how to thread trace muslin pieces. It was all new to me. She guides the student through cutting, fitting and sewing the muslin, underlining, dress and lining. While the machine is used to sew the pattern pieces together, the inside sewing is done by hand - even inserting the zipper is hand sewn.

The result is a beautiful dress along with a new sophisticated skill set to apply to most clothing patterns. I'd like to give the class FIVE STARS !

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Sewing Class Review    Read All Sewing Class Reviews

11 Comments
bluefly said... (11/21/13 7:03 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I have had this class for awhile. So glad it is on going and always available.
BrendaJoyce said... (7/4/12 1:23 PM) Reply
I just signed up for this class but I'm still in the middle of Gertie's Bombshell Dress class. She does the thread tracing, too and it was all new to me. Learning alot though!
BrendaJoyce said... (7/4/12 1:23 PM) Reply
CCQ said... (6/11/12 2:17 PM) Reply
Thank you for your excellent review which inspired me to take the class after seeing your beautiful dress. I had not heard of Craftsy prior. I am enjoying the class tremendously!
FrammaJoy said... (6/3/12 5:09 PM) Reply
I watched the class, but didn't want to tackle the project, plus I had to remind them TWICE to send me the free pattern. The class was long over by the time I got it. I don't have to have clothes that amazing, or I would make them. My friend did make the dress in red linen, and I hope she will do a review. It turned out GREAT! Thanks for the review.
Kathy7661 said... (6/1/12 4:25 PM) Reply
Your dress has inspired me to take this class! Thanks for the review.
Nancywin said... (5/31/12 9:50 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I am enrolled in the same class, but will not be starting my dress until after I return from a trip to Uganda. I am also making my dress out of linen (just received it yesterday). Your dress looks great by the way. You should put a link to your dress review in this review.
MareeAlison said... (5/31/12 1:07 AM) Reply
Thanke you for the review. Your dress is beautifully simple and elegant. Well done.
MareeAlison said... (5/31/12 1:06 AM) Reply
AmmaJamma said... (5/30/12 11:24 PM) Reply
Thank you for your comments. I just signed up for the class and am awaiting my pattern. Sounds very interesting, if not somewhat terrifying. Your dress turned out beautiful!
jlg said... (5/30/12 6:01 PM) Reply
I agree completely. Susan is wonderful, and I am learning so much. This class is such a bargain.

Islander Sewing Systems Baja Shirt Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Baja Shirt Pattern

J Stern Designs Khaki Pants Pattern

J Stern Designs Khaki Pants Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.