Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
tips added: 11
Posted on: 6/5/12 3:07 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people   Very Helpful by 5 people
the other day I was busy sewing and went to reach for my scissors. They'd gone walk abouts (now found, they'd fallen under the table and got hidden in fabric!) and I was left annoyed I couldn't cut some thread.

I was soon back on track, after using my trusty seam ripper instead. Just hook the sharp cutting bit round the threads whilst holding the thread ends taught with your other hand, and hey presto, threads cut. Then when you find your scissors again later you can snip the tiny annoying ends off.

I hope I do not sound too lazy in promoting this!

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

2 Comments
nekkyo said... (6/7/12 9:53 PM) Reply
I'm guilty too >.> I made a really ghetto utility belt out of tied up muslin, wrapped it to my waist, and forced to stick in my scissors and seam ripper after each use. It solved my issue of losing both while I was mad finishing my final project for school.
sew thankful said... (6/5/12 8:50 PM) Reply
Having done this myself once--or maybe a few times--I would never call you lazy (LOL)! The way I see it, you saved all the thread you might have inadvertently unwound while looking for the scissors. Glad to know I'm not the only who has repurposed a seam ripper!

Favorite Things Little Wrap Dress Pattern

Favorite Things Little Wrap Dress Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.