Expo Reviews > Original Sewing and Quilt Expo - Raleigh

Posted on: 6/22/12 9:04 PM
Rating: starstarstar
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people
Web site/URL: photo
This Expo takes place in quite a number of cities, but apparently it has not been in Raleigh in quite a few years. I was thrilled to get a chance to go and I signed up to volunteer as well - I will be assisting in a couple of classes on Saturday.

I went to the first day of the Expo on Thursday and attended a class on machine embroidery. It was interesting even if there was a good bit of sales pitch at the start - that's how these things work. I've been to my share of craft expos for scrapbooking so I wasn't terribly surprised. Nevertheless, I still got some good info that I had not known, so I was satisfied.

The vendor area was nice with lots of goodies and some make and takes. I didn't do any of those, but that was more an issue of time.

The highlight (for me) was the daily prize drawing. When you register, they give you a raffle ticket. Fill it out and put it in the drum, but know this: They mean business when they say MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. Unlike some drawings, the grand prize (a Brother Project Runway sewing & embroidery machine) was drawn first. The first person they called was not there.

So, they drew another name - also not there.

They drew a third name - not there.

Then, they pulled a FOURTH name and that lady WAS there and she got up and screamed like a crazy woman getting her name called to come on down at The Price Is Right.

BTW - That crazy lady was ME!!!! I WON! the grand prize!!!!

I can't wait to go back tomorrow and I will definitely do this again next year.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Sewing Expo Review    Read All Sewing Expo Reviews

6 Comments
JEF said... (6/23/12 9:58 PM) Reply
Awesome!! Go post a thread if you haven't already. We all love to read these happy stories. BTW, in 8 years or so of going to these expos, I have won 2 goodie bags during the raffle. What a blast!
4u2cme said... (6/23/12 9:00 PM) Reply
It was so good to meet you on today at the Sewing Expo. I saw you when you won the sewing machine. Congratulations!! It was a great Expo and I'm ready for next year.
SewPerfect said... (6/23/12 5:00 PM) Reply
Oh my lordie I would have been screaming too! LUCKEE! So happy for you!
Judy Kski said... (6/23/12 10:07 AM) Reply
OMG! You're so lucky. Congratulations on winning the Grand Prize. Now you have an embroidery machine to give to your daughter.
Rebecca Szetela said... (6/23/12 6:00 AM) Reply
Congrats on your grand prize! Great story :)
Rebecca Szetela said... (6/23/12 6:00 AM) Reply
Congrats on your grand prize! Great story :)

Sew Liberated Bohemian Carpet Bag Pattern

Sew Liberated Bohemian  Carpet Bag Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.