Sewing Patterns, Pattern Review, Sewing Classes, Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Reviews!
Platinum Sponsor: Stylish Fabric
Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric

[SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson ]
[Sewing Classes|Shopping Bag Your Shopping Bag|Login|Help]
Sewing Review and Pattern Reviews Sewing Knowledge Base Sewing Patterns Sewing Classes & Sewing Lessons Sewing Machine & Embroidery Machinery Sewing Message Boards Sewing merchants Blog Help/FAQ About Pattern Review

Advanced Search
returns & refunds
testimonials
Platinum Sponsor - Stylish Fabric
Stylish Fabric
Original Sewing and Quilt Expo (Sewing Expo Review)
Pennsylvania, UNITED STATES
Posted by: celkalee
About celkalee
PA USA
Member since: 9/3/07
expos reviewed: 1
Posted on: 8/13/12 6:26 PM
Rating: star
This one was in Monroeville, a suburb of Pittsburgh. Generally, everything old is not new again. I have been to some great expo's, with great classes, nationally recognized artists and vendors. This was a disappointment. I arrived about one hour after opening on the first day. There was a milling crowd but no energy, no excitement. The vendors were cranky and some just ignored you. I don't know if there was a meeting where everyone vented or complained or if everyone, I mean everyone, was just tired but it generated no positive feelings. I did find a quilt shop vendor who specialized in wools who was wonderful. I bought patterns (5) at Louise Cutting's booth and when I got home I noticed that I had a duplicate of a blouse but the skirt pattern I chose was missing. Since there were things piled up near the check out I am assuming there was a mix up and someone else has my skirt pattern. Live and learn, $18.00 down the drain there. I purchased a pattern at another booth where the sales person make a computer error and charged my card multiple times. Time will tell if it was resolved as promised. None of the classes appealed to me and I just can't take another sweatshirt make-over class. There were stunning quilts displayed, gallery style but the drapes were black and the lighting poor, so the viewing was sub-par. I will likely not attend another one.
SewBaby
Unique Sewing Patterns
Budo Bear Designs
Asian Designs

<< Previous Next >>

Add Sewing Expo Review    Read All Sewing Expo Reviews

Andsewforth said...
It's always interesting how people can have such a totally different experience. I too went on the first day, arriving when it opened, and thought it was a fantastic Expo. Don't know if you know that this venue was added just recently so it wasn't as large because not all the vendors could add it to their schedules. It's supposed to be twice as large next year. I found all the vendors to be extremely nice & willing to tell you about their product etc. Another reviewer in a separate review also found it to be great. Too bad you had such a negative experience.
8/14/12 10:14 AM

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Contact Us