Sewing Patterns, Pattern Review, Sewing Classes, Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Reviews!
Platinum Sponsor: Stylish Fabric
Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric

[SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson ]
[Sewing Classes|Shopping Bag Your Shopping Bag|Login|Help]
Sewing Review and Pattern Reviews Sewing Knowledge Base Sewing Patterns Sewing Classes & Sewing Lessons Sewing Machine & Embroidery Machinery Sewing Message Boards Sewing merchants Blog Help/FAQ About Pattern Review

Advanced Search
returns & refunds
testimonials
Platinum Sponsor - Stylish Fabric
Stylish Fabric
Original Sewing and Quilt Expo in Pittsburgh, PA (Sewing Expo Review)
Pennsylvania, UNITED STATES
expos reviewed: 1
Posted on: 8/13/12 10:17 PM
Rating: starstarstar
Web site/URL: photo
It's the first time the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo came to Pittsburgh. I drove 6 hours to get there and it was well worth it. I'm not much of a quilter yet so I was there to take the hands-on workshops to get more comfortable with sewing on a serger and quilting. I had one or two classes each day that kept me very busy. The classes and teachers were fantastic. There were people in my class ranging from beginners and experience sewer/quilters and they all came away enjoying the hands-on classes. I would recommend these classes regardless of your level of experience. I got to meet lots of people and traded tips and tricks.
Who knew sewing all day would be so exhausting and fun. Check out my blog entry to see the items i made during the workshops.
Also the machines used during the workshops were brand new out of the box and they were offering a great deal if you were interested in buy the machine you used during the workshop..
As for the vendors, it wasn't as large as I thought it would be but it's ok. I got to spend good quality time with them individually and take my time getting to know their products.
here is a list of the vendors that I like best from the Expo.
Since this is the first time the expo is in Pittsburgh, the turn out was probably not as they expected. Some of the classes had seats open and it wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be but I liked that better since the lines to register was nice and short. I'm definitely coming back to this one next year..
SewBaby
Vintage Sewing Patterns

<< Previous Next >>

Add Sewing Expo Review    Read All Sewing Expo Reviews

Andsewforth said...
I thought it was great also. Have been told it'll be twice as large next year. Quite a few of the regular vendors weren't there because they had already had their schedules booked when the Expo company decided to add the Pittsburgh venue.
8/14/12 10:17 AM
Zapkat said...
Thanks for this review. I'm much closer to Pitts. than you are, but I didn't know about it. I'll look for it next year!
9/22/12 9:40 PM

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Contact Us