Class Reviews > Jean-ius: Reverse Engineer Your Favorite Fit

Posted on: 9/25/12 3:26 PM
Rating: starstarstar
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people   Very Helpful by 6 people
Web site/URL: photo
From the Craftsy website: "Copy your favorite jeans without taking them apart. Couturier Kenneth D. King teaches this amazing class, full of professional techniques."

Class Format:
So, this is an on-line class on Craftsy. It's broken down into 11 episodes that you can watch whenever you like, a discussion board, a review gallery, and some downloadable materials. On of the nice things about the Craftsy platform is that you can bookmark spots in the video to come back to or you can place a spot on a 30 second repeat loop in case you didn't catch something the first time. It's a really good platform.

Class specifics/teacher:
KK is a fantastic teacher. He is immensely clear, organized and gives explanations that are thorough without being overwhelming. He gives lots of good tips throughout. In addition to teaching how to create the pattern from your jeans, he goes thru the jeans construction process. Even though I've made plenty of pants before, I found this incredibly helpful. His techniques are really good.

I made pants instead of jeans. They came out fantastic. You can find them on my blog:

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Sewing Class Review    Read All Sewing Class Reviews

ClioBklyn said... (10/14/12 5:07 PM) Reply
Thanks Laurie Lou and Mufffet!
Laurie Lou said... (10/12/12 2:24 PM) Reply
I really want to sign up for this and it looked like a very good deal. A very good deal. I saw KK at the NYC retreat and yes indeed, I can believe he would give excellent instructions. I read all the articles he does too. So you have reminded me to sign up for this one. And now that I have a jeans that seems to fit me perfect, I have something to work with. Thanks for taking the time to post this and I'm stopping by your Blog now!
Mufffet said... (10/1/12 8:39 PM) Reply
Craftsy - GREAT place!

Curve Runner 8 inch

Curve Runner 8 inch

SA Curve 1/2 inch ruler

SA Curve 1/2 inch ruler

Copyright © 2015® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.