Class Reviews > Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

classes reviewed: 1
Posted on: 1/19/13 1:44 PM
Rating: starstar
Web site/URL: Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
I took this class so that I could learn how to pattern fit. It was very challenging and sewers should know that they should be at an intermediate level of sewing to take this; it is not for beginners.

It was a fun class and very challenging. At the end of the day, I learned how to modify a pattern to fit my body. I lost the fear of changing a pattern. Before taking the class, I didn't even KNOW that I NEEDED to alter a pattern. I still have a way to go (shoulder alterations seems to have escaped me) but I was able to make a shirt after finishing this class and it really looks nice and fits me properly!

Sarah is very patient and very kind. The feedback was invaluable and she went out of her way to make each participant feel that they were coming along in the class and to build their confidence. Her patience was extraordinary.

If you're visually oriented, I would suggest adding the video class, as I did. It helped to see something as opposed to just reading about it.

I would recommend this class and would recommend this teacher too. I'd say I got about 95% of what I wanted out of this class and I'm more apt to sew more projects after taking this class. Taking the class did exactly what I wanted - it taught me how to adapt the pattern for my body.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Sewing Class Review    Read All Sewing Class Reviews

Buy Now
Beginner Sewing Lab 104 - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Beginner Sewing Lab 104  - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Buy Now

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.