Tips & Techniques > Washable Wonder Tape

Member since: 1/3/12
tips added: 2
Posted on: 1/23/13 3:09 PM
Web site/URL: photo
1/4" Washable Wonder Tape is the single, most fantastic sewing notion created. Ever. I can't work without it now that I've discovered it. I use it to baste seams together instead of stitching or pins. Baste up hems, turn under facing raw edges, stablize flimsy seams or narrow hems as they're put through the machine. It's malleable, re-posiitonable, a perfect 1/4" and washes away without a trace. It's fantastic. Click the little green camera above to go The Heroine's Closet for a tutorial on how it was used to "baste" mesh fashion fabric to a tricot lining on the Divine Dinner dress.
Get some, you'll love it!

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

6 Comments
2mulie said... (2/1/13 3:23 PM) Reply
Wawak has it under sewing notions, tailoring tapes for $2.70. I get several at a time, and they've had the best price for it I've seen.
SavageCoco said... (1/31/13 3:50 AM) Reply
It's BRILLIANT for zippers, matching plaids, doesn't gum up the needles, washes right out. I'm lovin' it! Have I mentioned that?!
sew2006 said... (1/30/13 6:02 PM) Reply
Amanda.Clair, no it doesn't gum up the needle at all. When done project it'll wash right out. Last week I had to replace a zipper in a pair of jeans, used to hold zipper and pockets in place.
Amanda.Claire said... (1/30/13 3:20 PM) Reply
Does it get all over the needle?
ASiverson said... (1/24/13 10:12 AM) Reply
Sounds like I'll have to get some. And thank you for sharing the tutorial.
sew2006 said... (1/23/13 6:54 PM) Reply
My favorite use for this tape is putting in zippers. Much easier when they stay put. Thanks for reminding me about the neckline edge use.

Sewing Workshop West End Top & Pants

Sewing Workshop West End Top & Pants

THE SKIRTS - A CD Book By Kenneth King

THE SKIRTS - A CD Book By Kenneth King

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.