Tips & Techniques > Sleeve Tower Placket - Pam Howard

Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
tips added: 3
Posted on: 1/31/13 1:21 PM
Web site/URL: photo
Please check out the Tower Placket tutorial I have done for all of you on my Blog: http://www.pamelasclosetinc.blogspot.com or on YouTube. Also, you can download a pattern for the Tower Placket and template. It's been added there for you! Enjoy, and post a picture of your new shirts with the Tower Placket!!

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

4 Comments
grey ann said... (2/1/13 12:54 PM) Reply
Whatever the method, Scheri, I think your plackets looks great!
MizLiz said... (2/1/13 10:40 AM) Reply
Thanks to Pam Howard and thanks to Pam Off the Cuff.(one of my favorite sites. I hope Pam OFC does a video-that is how I learn best and then I read the text.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (2/1/13 9:30 AM) Reply
sorry..the software here is not letting me edit my comment for typos!
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (2/1/13 9:26 AM) Reply
Hi Scheri, while I respect the teacher...the method she shows is more like a "home-sewing" method that a professional one. None of the many Professioanal Shirt-makers I know, ** ever ** use a placket with that little roof-top "triangle peak". We use 2 seaparate rectangular pieces that are torn so that we know they are on striaght grain. But..as with anything else, if this works for you, wonderful! One of these days I'll show how it's done by 99.9% of the pros who make shirts for a living, every single day. FYI, my comment is NOT a dis of P. Howard's method...we all have different experiences.

More Knits
More Knits

Sewing Workshop Inventor Shirt Pattern

Sewing Workshop Inventor Shirt Pattern

Favorite Things Little Belle Skirts Pattern

Favorite Things Little Belle Skirts Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.