Class Reviews > Craftsy-- Beginner Serging: Machine Basics and Techniques

Posted on: 3/4/13 9:48 PM
Rating: starstarstar
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people   Very Helpful by 16 people
Web site/URL: photo
I've owned my serger for a number of years and until this class, only used it for finishing seams. I am so glad I took this class. It begins with an overview of the serger parts and accessories. Then the instructor shows you step by step how to thread a serger for different stitches. The lessons also include 3 and 4 thread overlock, rolled hem stitch, 2 and 3 thread flatlocking as well as tips for using decorative threads and yarn. There is also a troubleshooting segment and a short segment on specialty serger feet. I was very pleased with the knowledge I gained by taking this class. I am no longer intimidated by my serger. In fact, I just completed my first garment that was completely sewn on the serger.

The projects for the class include a zippered box bag, a scarf and a ruffled apron.

I highly recommend this class for new serger owners and as a refresher for those who have owned their serger for years.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Sewing Class Review    Read All Sewing Class Reviews

8 Comments
Christy Woodbridge said... (10/4/13 5:23 PM) Reply
Recently enrolled in this class after reading positive reviews and descriptions of other more difficult/advanced classes. I think this will be a good class to improve and advance my serging skills.
Christy Woodbridge said... (10/4/13 5:14 PM) Reply
BEGINNER SERGING - CRAFTSY
Sunflower2499 said... (5/19/13 11:14 AM) Reply
Took class and I found the instructor to be quite enjoyable. Much information that I enjoyed!
pat303 said... (3/25/13 8:51 AM) Reply
I did not take this class but there is a new one called Creative Serging by Craftsy.. Anyone take this and what do you think
pat303 said... (3/25/13 8:15 AM) Reply
seeRsew said... (3/6/13 12:25 PM) Reply
I bought this class but have been leery of starting it as my serger is still in the box, but it sounds like a winner. Thanks for the review!
WasabiZee said... (3/5/13 4:26 PM) Reply
Just started this class, thank you for your review.
ASiverson said... (3/5/13 10:03 AM) Reply
I too am taking this class, though I have serged together a wonderful t-shirt I usually only serge together seams. TFS!

My Favorite Duffle Bag Paper Pattern

My Favorite Duffle Bag Paper Pattern

Chloe Handbag Paper Pattern

Chloe Handbag Paper Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.