Tips & Techniques > Add Stitch Detail onto Fleece Pillow Covers

Reviews: 42 (tips: 9)
Posted on: 4/4/13 6:41 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people   Very Helpful by 9 people
Web site/URL: photo
I love beautifully decorated pillows. However, I take care of children in my home and have grandchildren here often too. So my pillows have to be washable and comfortable....because they are used.

Here is an idea that you can do to decorate a plain pillow while keeping it comfortable at the same time. For the front of the pillow use 2 layers of any solid color fleece. Use thread that matches the color of the fleece and stitch on any design you like. I just stitched a few straight lines to mimic a plaid However, you could trace and stitch circles, an outline of an animal or flower or simply some vertical squiggly lines. The stitching sinks into the 2 layers of fleece giving you a beautiful detailing. Yet the pillows remain comfortable and washable. You only need one layer of fleece for the back of the pillow as you're not putting stitch detail on it. I prefer an envelope style pillow cover with a velcro closure on the back I also use pillow forms so I can easily remove them to wash the covers.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

Pj3g said... (6/8/13 10:54 PM) Reply
GrammaDestiny--I think it would be totally great on a cardigan too!!
GrammaDestiny said... (6/7/13 4:57 PM) Reply
That looks very classy and what a great way to add some detail to a solid fabric! Wouldn't that look great as a detail on a cardigan too?
joyce elaine said... (5/27/13 9:28 AM) Reply
A great idea!! Thanks!!
quathy said... (4/10/13 8:43 AM) Reply
Super cute! Great way to spruce up pillows quickly!
bebro said... (4/9/13 12:19 PM) Reply
This is just what i need, I'll be trying this out. I offered to make a cover for my sister's beat-up "napping pillow," but was at a loss for what to do that would be simple, neat and washable. Yours is very attractive, too! Thanks!
sewme47 said... (4/6/13 10:23 PM) Reply
I like this! Thanks for sharing your idea. :-)
barlin said... (4/6/13 7:21 PM) Reply
What a great idea -Thank you!

Lily Pocket Purse Paper Pattern

Lily Pocket Purse Paper Pattern

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

Copyright © 2015® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.