Class Reviews > Craftsy The Classic Tailored Shirt

Posted on: 4/22/13 7:45 PM
Rating: starstarstar
Review Rating: Helpful by 8 people   Very Helpful by 13 people
Web site/URL: photo
Now this was a class I could sink my teeth into. Pam Howard is a very good teacher, goes into all aspects of crafting a tailored shirt. Also, I liked the fact that she wore tailored shirts throughout the class. I really liked the lessons on flat-felled seams, collars and bands, and the sleeve plackets, things that I've had trouble with. Another thing I really, really liked about her class is that she's very clear about how sewing should be fun, not stress inducing. As she says, it's not about achieving world peace, it's a shirt. That's something that I constantly have to tell myself when I get frustrated, but I always say, "it's not brain surgery, nobody is gonna die if I mess up, so calm down." This may sound silly but I do appreciate it if someone's hands are being shown up close that they have clean, manicured nails, which Pam does. No polish but nails buffed to a high shine, nothing to distract from watching the intricate, close up details. Pam has a lovely way of speaking, I adore her soothing voice. I can't recommend this class highly enough!

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Sewing Class Review    Read All Sewing Class Reviews

jill1550 said... (12/15/13 8:53 PM) Reply
I just finished this class. My shirt is perfect--thanks to Pam. She is the best sewing teacher!
eirenep said... (9/7/13 4:39 PM) Reply
I am halfway in the class right now and I completely agree with the review. Pam Howard is very clear in her explanations and leaves no "gaps" in the process. She speaks very calmly, which to some people is a drawback, but to me is reassuring. I think this is an excellent clas.
pammieh said... (6/16/13 2:37 PM) Reply
I am taking the class now and find it quite extensively wonderful - I agree with her soothing and calm instructional style!
hopflower said... (5/28/13 11:28 AM) Reply
I, too , want to take this class. Her approach and education are well worth noting, and I am sure it will be very advantageous to take this lesson.
Learn To Sew said... (4/28/13 8:00 PM) Reply
I have plans to take this class soon. I look forward to those close ups for detalis. Thanks for the review.
Tricia Plummer said... (4/27/13 10:39 PM) Reply
I have signed up for this class and can't wait to take it. I have Sarah's class in pants fitting first on my agenda and the Tailored Shirt will follow. Thanks for the review. I'm glad you liked the class!
rtrittel said... (4/23/13 12:21 PM) Reply
Isn't Pam a delight? I thoroughly enjoyed the class as well. Thanks for your review.

Paradiso Designs Be Green Market Bag Pattern

Paradiso Designs Be Green Market Bag Pattern

Lolita Patterns Olive Peplum Top Pattern

Lolita Patterns Olive Peplum Top Pattern

Copyright © 2015® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.