Sewing Patterns, Pattern Review, Sewing Classes, Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Reviews!
Platinum Sponsor: Stylish Fabric
Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric

[SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson ]
[Sewing Classes|Shopping Bag Your Shopping Bag|Login|Help]
Sewing Review and Pattern Reviews Sewing Knowledge Base Sewing Patterns Sewing Classes & Sewing Lessons Sewing Machine & Embroidery Machinery Sewing Message Boards Sewing merchants Blog Help/FAQ About Pattern Review

Advanced Search
returns & refunds
testimonials
Platinum Sponsor - Stylish Fabric
Stylish Fabric
Anita Goodesign Embroidery Party 2013 (Linda Z's) (Sewing Expo Review)
Illinois, UNITED STATES
Member since: 1/9/12
expos reviewed: 1
Posted on: 5/13/13 1:42 PM
Rating: starstar
I'm new to machine embroidery, so I have taken a few classes at my local sewing shop. While at one of the classes, I became aware of the Anita Goodesign Embroidery Party. I decided to sign-up for the 2-day seminar/class where founder and owner Steve Wilson would be the educator.

This particular "party" had approx. 120 people in attendance. We were assigned to tables with others so that we didn't need to go find a table when we came in. It was all done for us.

I liked the fact that they brought samples for most of the designs they sell. There were even samples for new designs that have not been released yet. The artwork on the packages does not do justice to how nice the designs really are. It was also cool to try out the sample designs to see how they worked. We did 3 projects the first day and 5 the next. We were each to take home at least one finished project. Lunch, snacks, water, and coffee were provided for everyone both days.

Of course, there were specials to purchase the designs and their embroidery "clubs". I had already planned on purchasing the VIP club, so I saved my pennies ready to purchase it. The extras I received were 10 free regular/mini collections and 2 special additions (I think this is their spring promotion running now).

From a business perspective, this event was genius - as a participant I pay to attend (covers food, space rental, electricity, etc.) and be pitched to. This event was sponsored by Brother, so we were really pushed to buy the newest home embroidery machines and the 10 needle machines that we were using at the event. I already realized this was a big pitch to sell embroidery designs and machines, so I was ready. We even joked at our table about it. The deals they were offering were really great. Several of the women at the table had just bought their machines a few months ago and said they didn't receive half of what they were offering at this event. Something to keep in mind for next year if I'm in the market for a new machine.

But I still felt it was a good time to meet some new people, try out some designs, and learn more about other machines. Even if you didn't buy anything else, you still received files for all the projects we did and then 5 collections. Those 5 collections alone was worth the $60 I paid to go.
Sewn Square One
Patterns for Your Style.
Gwyn Hug
Fabric Shopping Help!

<< Previous Next >>

Add Sewing Expo Review    Read All Sewing Expo Reviews

Aussiemom63135 said...
I went to the same "class" here in St. Louis. I felt it had been talked up as a class not a pay to go purchase advent. I felt rather deceived about not know what I was getting into since funds for hobbies is limited I was not getting my best bang for my buck. That being my only drawback I agree their designs are fabulous and they have wonderful samples you can look at and purchase. He is a good salesman/showman. If embroidery is where your interest lay this is very good exposure to top market designs and sales. The store sponsoring the event brought so many machines to try and for sale it was really impressive. I did like the take home projects. We were given the designs we use that day.
11/29/13 12:22 PM

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Contact Us