Tips & Techniques > Glad Press and Seal as topper for embroidery

Member since: 9/21/08
Reviews: 229 (tips: 30)
Posted on: 7/14/13 5:10 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people   Very Helpful by 6 people
I have precut topper pieces for my small hoop. When I need something for the larger hoops (5x7 and larger) I have found Glad Press and Seal is amazing. It is nice in that it presses onto the fabric before you hoop and doesn't shift around and yet it tears away quite easily when the embroidery is done.
I will post a picture latter on this week to show how well it works. I will be appliqueing a piece on my large hoop.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

5 Comments
pfafffanatic said... (7/24/13 8:46 PM) Reply
The people who are advising against it are the stabilizer manufacturers.
GingherGirl said... (7/17/13 10:49 AM) Reply
I'm not convinced that it will 'wreck' a machine; the needle would get coated after awhile, so that would need to be changed after the project. As far as the bobbin case and race assembly, that could be wiped off/out if residue was present...notwithstanding, I think it's a lovely idea!
Passion4Sewing said... (7/16/13 8:52 AM) Reply
Mertal, I'm afraid I didn't look at on-line discussions. I guess it's not worth the potential problems. I've only used it a handful of times. Guess it goes back to the kitchen.
mertal said... (7/16/13 8:05 AM) Reply
I have used it and liked it, but then i went a googled more about it and everybody said don't do it. It will wreck your machine. I am confused now!!!
RLL said... (7/15/13 5:42 PM) Reply
Well isn't that great! I have it here in my sewing room and can't remember why or what I used it for?????? But I have it!

Sew Liberated Sunday Picnic Blouse and Dress

Sew Liberated Sunday Picnic Blouse and Dress

Lolita Patterns Spearmint Paper Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.