PatternReview.com

expos reviewed: 1
Posted on: 8/19/13 7:33 AM
Rating: starstarstar
Web site/URL: photo
Wow. This was my first quilt show, having previously only attended the Sewing Expo in Novi, MI twice. The show was fantastic. There were hundreds of gorgeous quilts to admire and more vendors than I could visit in one day. I don't go to quilting fabric shops often (trying to avoid adding to a large, mostly unused stash) but it seemed like many vendors had fabric you won't see anywhere else. There were lots of tools, decorative display items, other crafts, tons of cute patterns, and lots of unique trims and battings.

The machine vendors focused heavily on long arm quilting, which was understandable. I have never made a quilt but with as many dealers as were there, I'd have needed a few days to decide which one to purchase. Lots of choices from what I could see, with hands-on opportunity on all of them.

The displays were eye catching and the vendors I dealt with were wonderfully helpful.

Sadly, by the last 3 aisles I was overwhelmed and didn't see as much as I could have. If I had been in the market for fabric, I'd have spent a small country's GNP. As it was between a fabulous new iron, an amazing cutting system, patterns, and some fabric I simply could not live without, I spent a bundle. I'd have spent a lot more if money had been no object.

I'd highly recommend this show and am very tempted to attend their show in Phoenix this winter.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Sewing Expo Review    Read All Sewing Expo Reviews

1 Comments
mcbrow said...
Thanks for the review Huntwoman! I live 90 minutes from GR and have never attended the show! Will definitely do it in 2014.
10/23/13 11:14 AM

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Buy Now

Buy Now

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.