Sewing Patterns, Pattern Review, Sewing Classes, Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Reviews!
Platinum Sponsor: Stylish Fabric
Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric

[SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson ]
[Sewing Classes|Shopping Bag Your Shopping Bag|Login|Help]
Sewing Review and Pattern Reviews Sewing Knowledge Base Sewing Patterns Sewing Classes & Sewing Lessons Sewing Machine & Embroidery Machinery Sewing Message Boards Sewing merchants Blog Help/FAQ About Pattern Review

Advanced Search
returns & refunds
testimonials
Platinum Sponsor - Stylish Fabric
Stylish Fabric
AQS quilt show in Grand Rapids (Sewing Expo Review)
Michigan, UNITED STATES
expos reviewed: 1
Posted on: 8/19/13 7:33 AM
Rating: starstarstar
Web site/URL: photo
Wow. This was my first quilt show, having previously only attended the Sewing Expo in Novi, MI twice. The show was fantastic. There were hundreds of gorgeous quilts to admire and more vendors than I could visit in one day. I don't go to quilting fabric shops often (trying to avoid adding to a large, mostly unused stash) but it seemed like many vendors had fabric you won't see anywhere else. There were lots of tools, decorative display items, other crafts, tons of cute patterns, and lots of unique trims and battings.

The machine vendors focused heavily on long arm quilting, which was understandable. I have never made a quilt but with as many dealers as were there, I'd have needed a few days to decide which one to purchase. Lots of choices from what I could see, with hands-on opportunity on all of them.

The displays were eye catching and the vendors I dealt with were wonderfully helpful.

Sadly, by the last 3 aisles I was overwhelmed and didn't see as much as I could have. If I had been in the market for fabric, I'd have spent a small country's GNP. As it was between a fabulous new iron, an amazing cutting system, patterns, and some fabric I simply could not live without, I spent a bundle. I'd have spent a lot more if money had been no object.

I'd highly recommend this show and am very tempted to attend their show in Phoenix this winter.
Sewn Square One
Vintage Sewing Patterns

<< Previous Next >>

Add Sewing Expo Review    Read All Sewing Expo Reviews

mcbrow said...
Thanks for the review Huntwoman! I live 90 minutes from GR and have never attended the show! Will definitely do it in 2014.
10/23/13 11:14 AM

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Contact Us