Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Posted on: 9/9/13 3:58 PM
Last Updated: 1/4/14 3:08 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people   Very Helpful by 12 people
Web site/URL: photo
I like to make patterns from freezer paper, but they are too hard to work with if they are folded. I bought two 40" x 32" foam boards from a hobby store and four plastic snack clips from the grocery store. I place my patterns in between, clip all four sides, and slide it under the bed! The only pieces that have to be folded are pants, with just one fold toward the bottom.

1/4/14 Edited the photo since the first time around we were only allowed one photo.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

9 Comments
SavageCoco said... (8/15/15 2:24 AM) Reply
Oh, well now, this is just a superbly brilliant fantastic outstanding idea.
SewLibra said... (12/17/13 6:17 PM) Reply
Dana, there are many kinds of paper or materials you can draft patterns on, but I buy freezer paper because it's easily available, fairly cheap, a manageable size, and one side is coated to make it sturdy. You can even use a dry iron and reinforce commerical patterns on it, if you want. Not sure if it lasts forever doing that, though.
persevering said... (11/11/13 8:30 PM) Reply
Thank you very much for sharing your helpful pattern storage technique. I plan to do it! :)
Dana Cetz said... (10/30/13 6:04 AM) Reply
Wow what a creative idea. What are the reasons you use freezer paper to draft your patterns?
CrafterMary said... (9/28/13 9:14 AM) Reply
Love this idea! I need to store some dog bed patterns right now that are hanging from a bulletin board in my sewing room, gonna get some foam boards TODAY! Perfect solution and just the right size, thanks!
SewLibra said... (9/12/13 5:11 PM) Reply
NanJones, all my patterns are together inside the two foam boards. I use paper clips to clip all the pieces that belong to each pattern. I included a pic of this by adding the http://, but PR only lets you post one real photo for a tip, apparently. You have to copy and paste the link to see it. Anyhow, you can keep adding as many patterns as you want until the clips don't fit over the foam boards anymore...and that would be a lot!
NanJones said... (9/11/13 12:20 PM) Reply
I'm a little confused. Do you have to purchase 2 more form boards from a hobby store plus clips for each pattern you have or do you do something to keep them separate.
Pj3g said... (9/10/13 1:03 PM) Reply
Wonderful idea!
Mariyka said... (9/10/13 5:29 AM) Reply
Great idea! I like this better than my rolling them, since they stay flat. I've got a bunch of document binder clips I can use. Thanks!

Sewing Workshop Balboa Shirt & Topper

Sewing Workshop Balboa Shirt & Topper

Sewing Workshop Oasis Skirt Pattern

Sewing Workshop Oasis Skirt Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.