Tips & Techniques > fixing horizontal portrait photos for PR reviews

Member since: 7/3/10
Reviews: 144 (tips: 12)
Posted on: 9/12/13 2:39 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people   Very Helpful by 1 people
I have a mac computer. Every time I have posted a review with a portrait style picture its appeared horizontally. Rather annoying. I've noticed it happens to other people as well.

However, I've discovered a fix. Instead of uploading the photo straight from your camera, upload it first on to your computer. I upload it to Iphoto.

Then upload the photo from your computer. Voila, it's a vertical portrait photo. Not quite sure why this works, but it has for me! For proof look at my reviews, the recent photos are all the right way round.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

1 Comments
SandiMacD said... (9/13/13 7:18 AM) Reply
I wonder if something has changed on the PR site? I have always uploaded from my computer from a folder made in Finder as I do not use iPhoto. I have never uploaded from my camera as it sends all photos via wifi to my computer. It has driven me batty to have some orientated incorrrectly for the classes I have taken. So this is all interesting.

Victory Hazel Paper Pattern

Victory Hazel Paper Pattern

SewBaby Easy Appliqued Bibs Pattern

SewBaby Easy Appliqued Bibs Pattern

Copyright © 2016 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.