Tips & Techniques > fixing horizontal portrait photos for PR reviews

Member since: 7/3/10
Reviews: 116 (tips: 11)
Posted on: 9/12/13 2:39 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people   Very Helpful by 1 people
I have a mac computer. Every time I have posted a review with a portrait style picture its appeared horizontally. Rather annoying. I've noticed it happens to other people as well.

However, I've discovered a fix. Instead of uploading the photo straight from your camera, upload it first on to your computer. I upload it to Iphoto.

Then upload the photo from your computer. Voila, it's a vertical portrait photo. Not quite sure why this works, but it has for me! For proof look at my reviews, the recent photos are all the right way round.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

1 Comments
SandiMacD said... (9/13/13 7:18 AM) Reply
I wonder if something has changed on the PR site? I have always uploaded from my computer from a folder made in Finder as I do not use iPhoto. I have never uploaded from my camera as it sends all photos via wifi to my computer. It has driven me batty to have some orientated incorrrectly for the classes I have taken. So this is all interesting.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

Sewing Workshop Village Bag Pattern

Sewing Workshop Village Bag Pattern

Full Bust DVD

Full Bust DVD

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.