Sewing Patterns, Pattern Review, Sewing Classes, Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Reviews!
Platinum Sponsor: Stylish Fabric
Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric

[SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson ]
[Sewing Classes|Shopping Bag Your Shopping Bag|Login|Help]
Sewing Review and Pattern Reviews Sewing Knowledge Base Sewing Patterns Sewing Classes & Sewing Lessons Sewing Machine & Embroidery Machinery Sewing Message Boards Sewing merchants Blog Help/FAQ About Pattern Review

Advanced Search
returns & refunds
testimonials
Platinum Sponsor - Stylish Fabric
Stylish Fabric
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics (Online Sewing Class)

A PatternReview.com Class
classes reviewed: 1

Posted on: 9/16/13 4:19 PM
Rating: starstar
Web site/URL: Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
I would have given more stars to the class if the video quality was better. It was good enough for me to see what she was doing though.
I did learn a lot about sewing with drapey and slippery fabrics, something I've been shying away for a long time, but now I feel that I can do it. She does not rely on gimmicks and weird tricks. She works with the fabric.
I've am just coming back to sewing, after a long hiatus, and this class helped putting my mind back into it. Sarah Veblen teaches in a very relaxed way and she obviously is a very accomplished seamstress. Unlike other teachers I've seen in classes I've taken, she does not mind pointing out little mistakes or imperfect seams and tell you that she would pick it out and redo it. It's reassuring to know that even for experts, things do not always come out perfect the first time. I would definitely take other classes from her, if my finances would permit, because she knows what she is talking about.
So Vintage Patterns
Unique Sewing Patterns

<< Previous Next >>

Add Sewing Class Review    Read All Sewing Class Reviews

SandiMacD said...
I am glad that I am not the only one that found the poor video quality hard to watch! I even wrote into PR Support. I loved Sarahs classes, I learn so much and this was no exception. But in todays world of inexpensive high res video I cannot justify the cost of this video class- it is like watching a VCR tape. Anyway PR Support replied that the video quality was "normal". Yes, it is her same normal since 2008 when she first started adding video as an extra cost. That was new and displays were lower resolution, many CRT even. But it is not normal for 2012 when there is an expectation that most classes are taught in video format that is not grainy and should be viewable in Plasma TV sets and high res computer screens and devices. It was hard to watch even on my 2008 computer screen! But of course the content was terrific so I am glad I stayed with it.
9/17/13 5:04 AM

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Contact Us