Class Reviews > 2013 Block of the Month with Laura Nownes (Craftsy)

Posted by: Sew Nanny

About Sew Nanny starstarstar
MS United States
Member since: 8/13/06
Reviews: 161 (classes: 15)
Posted on: 1/6/14 12:34 PM
Rating: starstarstar
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people   Very Helpful by 4 people
This class is Free. I also enrolled in the 2012 Block of the Month Craftsy Class and am so happy that the 2014 Block of the Month Class is now available. Yea, Craftsy!

Laura Nownes is a nationally recognized quilting instructor and has also written a couple of books. She has a very quiet voice and made me feel like she was talking to me and not at a camera. I started this class at the beginning of last year and followed along month to month. I looked forward to every segment and couldn't wait for the next lesson. This is another sampler quilt with each block using a different technique. The techniques taught in this class seemed a little more challenging than the 2012 class and I learned a lot. One class covers hand applique, which I enjoyed. The blocks are all different sizes, so when it came to sewing them together there was a little more involved than just sewing the blocks in rows and sewing the rows together. I haven't quilted mine yet, but I did complete the quilt top.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Sewing Class Review    Read All Sewing Class Reviews

13 Comments
SouthernStitch said... (1/10/14 11:16 AM) Reply
How did I miss this quilt top? Thanks so much for sharing your quilt top, and the info on the class. Yours is gorgeous!
Sew Nanny said... (1/9/14 3:43 PM) Reply
You don't have to buy the fabric kit and can use your own fabric if you want to. They offered a fabric kit for the 2012 and 2013 classes too.
sew4grands said... (1/9/14 1:40 PM) Reply
When I checked for the 2014 BOM, is comes as a kit this year, too bad, I want to do it in my on fabrics and colors
cherylwashere said... (1/8/14 9:46 PM) Reply
Thank you...I'll check it again.
Sew Nanny said... (1/8/14 11:28 AM) Reply
No, you should be able to find Nov. and Dec. They're on finishing the quilt and sewing the binding.
cherylwashere said... (1/8/14 11:18 AM) Reply
Thank you SN...nice it was in your stash already... I started class and did not finish...of course I was doing 3 at the same time. Today I realized I had not printed all classes and did so today... Does it end with October??? There isn't a Nov or Dec... Thank you
Sew Nanny said... (1/8/14 9:09 AM) Reply
Found it -- Thanks!
Melinda In Tulsa said... (1/8/14 0:11 AM) Reply
As of today, I was able to find it. Do a search for 2014 Block of the month. It's different from the previous two BOM's.
Sew Nanny said... (1/7/14 6:27 PM) Reply
Thank you very much! No, this is a different fabric line -- Benartex Bold and Beautiful. I had this fabric in my stash for a quilt that I never got around to making.
cherylwashere said... (1/7/14 5:59 PM) Reply
Your quilt top is lovely and looks just like the teachers... Did you purchase the kit from the class...if not you matched it perfectly...
Melinda In Tulsa said... (1/7/14 10:16 AM) Reply
Waiting impatiently for it also. Glad you mentioned FB cypher. I missed that post.
Sew Nanny said... (1/7/14 7:27 AM) Reply
Yea!!
Cypher said... (1/6/14 6:27 PM) Reply
Craftsy is having a BOM for 2014, it isn't complete yet. I found that info on their Facebook page.

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Favorite Things A Safe Place Pattern

Favorite Things A Safe Place Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Sport Shirt Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Sport Shirt Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.