Expo Reviews > Puyallup Sewing and Stitchery Expo

Posted on: 3/5/14 0:44 AM
Rating: starstarstar
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people   Very Helpful by 5 people
Web site/URL: photo
This was my first time going to a sewing expo, and I can only speak to the shopping part of the expo, as I only went for a half-day and didn't see any of the shows or attend any classes (I was in Seattle for a conference which, coincidentally, was the same week that the Puyallup sewing expo was taking place--yay!).

I had a great time and would love to go again in the future. I went on a Sunday, the last day of the expo, and though I'd read that it gets very crowded, it wasn't too bad. There were plenty of people, but no jostling, and people just seemed friendly and happy to be there. I tried out machines of many different brands (Janome, Elna, Pfaff, Bernina, Juki), tried out scissors at the Kai scissors table, bought a beautiful wooden clapper/point presser, admired the fabrics and notions. It was fun to see in person the different kinds of notions/sewing products I've only read about online. Since it was the last day of the show, many of the sewing machine vendors were offering deals on their show models that seemed comparable to what I've seen online. I was very tempted but resisted, as I don't need a new machine (at least, not yet).

I went with a friend who doesn't sew, and I was worried she might get bored, but she had a lot of fun, too, checking out machines with me and getting as excited as I did while we watched the Bernina 750QE sew through leather (cue the heavenly music). Overall, it was a lot of fun, and I'd love to go again and try out some of the classes.

<< Previous    Next >>

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Add Sewing Expo Review    Read All Sewing Expo Reviews

blythebyname said... (3/6/14 9:14 PM) Reply
Yes, that could have been part of it. Good thing the vendors were all indoors. I've read that Sunday tends to be the least crowded day, too. Worked for me! =)
michellep74 said... (3/6/14 3:53 PM) Reply
I was there on Sunday, too, and was pleasantly surprised by it not being overly crowded. Maybe the weather kept people away?
blythebyname said... (3/6/14 2:54 PM) Reply
No, I went to the AWP conference. Lots of conferences going on!
sacjeanie said... (3/6/14 9:57 AM) Reply
I could have written this same review except I went on Saturday. Did you go to the Drive 2014 conference like I did?

Sewing Workshop Alex & Olive Tops

Sewing Workshop Alex & Olive Tops

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Copyright © 2015® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.