Tips & Techniques > right side or wrong side of fleece?

Posted by: Sew it seams

About Sew it seams starstar
Member since: 7/15/03
Reviews: 71 (tips: 9)
Posted on: 1/30/04 2:13 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people   Very Helpful by 15 people
Featured in the PR book!
An easy way to tell the right or wrong side of fleece (such as polartec) is to hold your fabric by the horizontal cut edge (the cross-grain) and pull slightly. The cut edge will curl to the wrong side (inside) of the fabric. It is sometimes hard to tell just by looking, but this little test works really well.

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

6 Comments
chayasew101 said... (2/14/11 10:11 PM) Reply
Thank You! That's worked beautifully!
gabesgram said... (11/22/05 9:34 PM) Reply
This is a great tip! I've never worked with fleece and this has helped so much. Thanks Debe
JulieKalitis said... (3/7/04 6:32 PM) Reply
I've almost finished making a polar fleece top and only realised half-way through that fleece *has* a right and a wrong side! I'll keep this tip in mind for next time :)
Mary Stiefer said... (3/6/04 6:56 PM) Reply
I really like this tip. I'm about to make a fleece poncho and I will certainly use this tip - because - to me - it is hard to tell the difference.
clematis said... (2/21/04 11:46 AM) Reply
Great tip. Thanks. I've been having trouble with this and you've solved it. Will print for my bulletin board.
JDpenelope said... (2/2/04 7:26 PM) Reply
Thanks, Debe. I finally had to make notes on a 3 x 5 card that I keep handy when sewing fleece: "Curls to RIGHT side when pulled on selvage edge. Curls to WRONG side when pulled on crossgrain. Cross grain has more stretch." (I have a good memory, it's just not very long!)

Understanding Knit Fabrics
Understanding Knit Fabrics

Bluegingerdoll The Betsy Pencil Skirt Paper Pattern

Bluegingerdoll The Betsy Pencil Skirt Paper Pattern

You Sew Girl City Bag Pattern

You Sew Girl City Bag Pattern

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.