Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Posted on: 1/20/05 2:35 PM
Rating: starstarstar
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people   Very Helpful by 2 people
Web site/URL: photo
I loved this class. It is a six day, 9am to at least 6 pm class, on consturction techniques used by some designers to create a softer, more cardigan like jacket. This involves quilting silk charmeuse to boucle, or some fabric with loft, and using that quilting, as well as large seam allowances to support the construction. No interfacing is used. Susan helped us each create a unique and beautifully fitted jacket! There is a lot of hand work - well, this type of jacket and the class are both a lot of work. But they are worth it.

Susan is fun, supportive, knowledgable and experienced! I took this class at The Sewing Workshop in San Francisco, which I have always enjoyed. The class included about 11 people, all creative and enjoyable to meet. I highly recommend both Susan Khalje's class and The Sewing Workshop.

I listed the website for The Sewing Workshop but it is also easy to find Susan's personal website.

<< Previous    Next >>

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Add Sewing Class Review    Read All Sewing Class Reviews

3 Comments
PhyllisC said... (1/21/05 3:13 PM) Reply
Ooo - I'm so so jealous! For years I've been wanting to takes this class when Susan teaches it in Baltimore. Hopefully I'll be able to do that in 2006.
Gigi Louis said... (1/21/05 8:29 AM) Reply
Wow, this really sounds like fun! How lucky for you to have been able to do this.
SueV said... (1/20/05 11:18 PM) Reply
I saw this class at her website and wished I could take it; but will wait until she is in the San Diego area - it is on my list for 2006! thanks for the review!

Christine Jonson Cuff Pant

Christine Jonson Cuff Pant

10 inch Professional Shears

10 inch Professional Shears

Copyright © 2016 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.