Tips & Techniques > Altering flip flop size

Member since: 5/1/05
Reviews: 6 (tips: 1)
Posted on: 12/27/05 5:12 PM
Web site/URL: photo
While this may not be a tip for sewing or related to sewing, it might help those who crochet decorative details on flip flops. It can help the recipients as well!

My wonderful friend, Linda, made flip flops for everyone this Christmas, and made them all the same size to make it easy. They were a little large for me, so I trimmed them using one of my flip flops as a guide. Laid sole of mine to sole of new ones and drew around them. Trimmed with my olfa cutter, they fit perfectly! Hope this isn't a repeat and that it helps someone.

Photo says it all.

Viv

<< Previous    Next >>

Add Tip/Technique    Read All Tip/Techniques

3 Comments
Mary Stiefer said... (12/28/05 8:09 AM) Reply
I love the idea of crocheting around the tops with some of that great furry yarn. What a fun gift. Thanks for the picture and the info on trimming.
Stitchology said... (12/28/05 7:15 AM) Reply
Great for when they're out of your size. DD will be thrilled. Thanks.
SewVeryTall said... (12/28/05 4:47 AM) Reply
Smart idea, Viv! Now I don't need to make mine smaller, but why is this the first time I've heard of crocheting around the tops!?! Those are just too cute! ...and I just bought some fun fur yarn that would go great with my flip flops :) Thanks for posting this tip!

J Stern Designs Women's Tee Pattern

J Stern Designs Women's Tee Pattern

ADVANCED SLEEVE - A CD Book by Kenneth King

ADVANCED SLEEVE - A CD Book by Kenneth King

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.