Store Reviews > The Old Creamery Quilt Shop (Randall, Minnesota)

Reviewed by: SheBear0320

About SheBear0320 star
MB Canada
Member since: 4/8/08
stores reviewed: 14

Posted on: 6/25/14 1:18 AM
Rating: thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Address: 120 Superior Avenue
Features: Patterns
Books/Videos
Notions
Fabric
Other (to be explained in the Comments)
Crafts
Visit Website
Current Tags What is a Tag:
The Old Creamery Quilt Shop is located in the small town of Randall along Highway #10 in Minnesota between Detroit Lakes and Little Falls -- truly a small town quilt shop.

DH and I first noticed a big highway sign on a trip to Minneapolis in the spring of 2013 -- Quilt and Coffee Shop in Randall. Being in desperate need of a coffee we decided to stop in. It has become a regular stopping place for us ever since when we are on the way to the Twin Cities area.

This quilt shop is in fact in the old Randall Creamery which has been renovated and remodelled. The main floor houses the quilt shop and the cafe. Upstairs there is classroom space. The facade of the building is a gorgeous brick and the old stone creamery sign is still in place over the door.

The owners of the store organize several bus trips to neighbouring quilt shops during the year and they also hold quilt retreats -- the next one is in September 2014 in Little Falls (thinking of attending this one).

Have you bought anything from this store? If yes were the prices competitive? I have visited this store several times in the past year and have purchased a variety of patterns, notions, fabric, kits and miscellaneous supplies. I find the prices to be very competitive for quilt shops in the U.S. midwest -- I find the prices to be lower than the "exchange adjusted" prices in Canada.

Were the sales people polite and friendly? The sales people are fabulous here -- very friendly and very helpful for this newly back to quilting sewist. The staff are very knowledgeable and willing to take the time to help you look for fabric.

How would you rate the quality of the item this store sells? The items sold here are top quality and there is a wonderful variety of fabrics as well as a number of finished projects for inspiration. They also have a large notions wall with a good variety of rulers, rotary cutters, mats, etc.

How was your shopping experience. Is there anything you did not like about this store? Shopping experiences have been excellent -- when I was there in June of last year they had the Minnesota Quilt Shop Hop fabrics on display but they couldn't be sold until the Shop Hop in August. I picked the ones I wanted and pre-ordered them and left my credit card number. They were willing to ship by USPS but I asked them to hold them as I would be coming back during the Shop Hop -- when I arrived in August, the package was all cut and waiting for me. They did not charge my card until I came to pick them up.

Would you shop here again? Yes I will whenever I am travelling down the #10 highway. I will likely be back during the Minnesota Quilt Shop Hop in 2014 (love the Minnesota fabric line for 2014 and need to go get some -- if not all -- of the fabrics).

Would you recommend this store to others? Highly recommend this quilt shop for anyone travelling down this highway -- a great little quilt shop with wonderful staff and great coffee, sandwiches/wraps and goodies in the coffee shop. Just a great all around experience.

Any other comments you would like to add? The building is right across the road from the BNSF mainline (for those with train fanatic DHs -- keeps them busy while you are shopping as the trains go by quite frequently).

*LOGIN to add a comment on this review
* Only registered members can post comments to the reviews. Membership is free. if you are not a member, please Sign-up now!

Add a Store Review    Read All Store Reviews

Petite Plus D202 DVD

Petite Plus D202 DVD

Buy Now
Sewing Workshop Hong Kong Vest Pattern

Sewing Workshop Hong Kong Vest Pattern

Buy Now

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.