PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Store Reviews > Pinery Patches LLC (Tigerton, Wisconsin)

Reviewed by: SheBear0320

About SheBear0320 starstar
MB Canada
Member since: 4/8/08
stores reviewed: 14

Posted on: 6/30/14 0:23 AM
Rating: thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Address: N4647 Highway 45
Features: Patterns
Books/Videos
Notions
Fabric
Other (to be explained in the Comments)
Crafts
Visit Website
Have you bought anything from this store? If yes were the prices competitive? My visit in June 2014 was the first time I had been to this store. I stopped in as it was on our travel route while on vacation and it was a shop participating in the Wisconsin Quilt Shop Hop. I purchased 3 co-ordinating teal prints (not sure what they will be used for but they "spoke" to me), a Spiderman print (grandon's request for sleep pants) and a Moda's Spell it With Fabric pattern book for making letter blocks using Jelly Rolls and fat 1/8s. The shop also had a quilt block kit for the Section quilt which I added to my block collection. I thought the prices were wonderful -- the most expensive piece I bought was $9.99 per yard with the others being $7.99 or less.

Were the sales people polite and friendly? This is a small country store and while the address is Tigerton it is actually on the highway on the way to Tigerton -- you have to watch to catch the numbered sign at the driveway on the highway. Signage is small and hard to see at 55 mph -- add that to the fact the store building is located in a bit of depression and we actually drove past it and had to turn around to go back. The location is on Highway #45 which runs south of the #29 between Wausau and Green Bay. Very picturesque countryside.

The woman who was working the day we were there was very friendly and polite and chatty. They had a new point of sale system which required patience on the customer's part as not everything was in the system and some items required manual input. I wasn't in a hurry so it didn't matter to me.

How would you rate the quality of the item this store sells? High quality quilting cottons, a wide variety of quality batting and many patterns from independent pattern companies.

How was your shopping experience. Is there anything you did not like about this store? I enjoyed both the shopping experience and the knowledge of the woman working in the store -- she was able to answer a couple of quilting related questions I had and was also able to direct us on a route that would allow us to miss Green Bay for the most part on our way to Door County.

Would you shop here again? If I am in the neighbourhood, I would definitely stop in again.

Would you recommend this store to others? Again if you are in the neighbourhood it is worth a visit.

Any other comments you would like to add? Pinery Patches has an on-line store for fabrics, patterns, books, kits and notions as well as a variety of finished items which are available for purchase.

*LOGIN to add a comment on this review
* Only registered members can post comments to the reviews. Membership is free. if you are not a member, please Sign-up now!

Add a Store Review    Read All Store Reviews

Favorite Things Prairie Girl Pattern

Favorite Things Prairie Girl Pattern

More Info
Favorite Things Sleep Well Pattern

Favorite Things Sleep Well Pattern

More Info

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.